Baileys Irish Cream is an Irish whiskey- and cream-based liqueur, made by Gilbeys of Ireland. A category dominating Christmas best-seller, blended from cream, cocoa and Irish whiskey. Instrumental in a variety of shooters, Baileys also works a treat in coffee or on ice cream. A sweet, rich and creamy liquor. Alcohol content of 17% alcohol by volume.
- 1 Does Baileys help you sleep?
- 2 What country drinks the most Baileys?
- 3 Is Baileys cream strong?
Is Baileys Irish Cream high in alcohol?
What does Baileys taste like? – Baileys Irish Cream tastes sweet and milky, with notes of vanilla and chocolate, the fruitiness of Irish whiskey on the finish. How much alcohol is in Baileys? It is 17% ABV (alcohol by volume), so it is relatively low in alcohol.
What alcohol is in Baileys Irish Cream?
Baileys Original Irish Cream | Baileys US One of life’s most pleasurable indulgences, Baileys Original Irish Cream is the sweetest meeting of fine Irish whiskey and spirits, Irish dairy cream, and rich chocolate and vanilla flavors. The result? Complete deliciousness. : Baileys Original Irish Cream | Baileys US
Does Baileys help you sleep?
So, Does Alcohol Make You Sleep Better? Nope. – It’s clear that alcohol’s sedative effects are temporary, and drinking it before bed as a “sleep aid” will backfire. Not only will you get less sleep and miss out on the restorative power of REM sleep, but you’ll also put yourself at risk for some of the other side effects discussed in this article.
Is Baileys a woman’s drink?
Baileys was reportedly created for women. – We’re not sure what about “whiskey” and “cream” screams “for females,” but Baileys creators Gluckman and Jago allude to it as a “girly drink,” and “a woman’s drink,” respectively. In 2014, Baileys launched a female-focused ad campaign, “Here’s to us,” created by a largely female team at Diageo and at BBH London.
Can you take a shot of Baileys?
Download Article Discover the best ways to drink Baileys Irish Cream (as a mixed drink or on its own) Download Article With its delicious combo of whiskey, cream, and cocoa extract, there’s nothing like the sweet kick of Baileys Irish Cream to liven up your evening. How exactly are you supposed to enjoy this creamy whiskey, though? You’ve come to the right article.
- Whip up a quick cup of spiked coffee by mixing 4 fl oz (120 mL) of hot coffee with 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys.
- Craft an iconic B-52 shot by layering 1 ⁄ 3 fl oz (9.9 mL) each of Kahlua, Baileys, and Grand Marnier in a shot glass.
- Make your own Baileys martini by mixing 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys with 1 ⁄ 4 fl oz (7.4 mL) of vodka in a cocktail shaker.
- Drink Baileys straight by pouring 3 1 ⁄ 2 fl oz (100 mL) into an ice-filled glass.
- 1 Brew your coffee. Use automatic drip, a French press, the pour-over method, or even instant coffee—the stronger your beverage is, the better.
- 2 Make a whipped topping for your coffee. Pour 1 c (240 mL) of heavy cream and 3 US tbsp (44 mL) of Baileys into a metal bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the ingredients together until stiff peaks form. Advertisement
- 3 Mix Baileys, sugar, and coffee together for your base drink. Grab a tall glass and pour in 2 to 3 US tbsp (30 to 44 mL) of Baileys, 1 tbsp (12.5 g) of brown sugar, and 1 c (240 mL) of coffee. Stir all the ingredients together, leaving ample space on the top for your spiked whipped cream.
- 4 Finish your drink with whipped cream. Top your drink with a liberal amount of the Baileys whipped cream you prepared earlier.
- Alternative: Don’t feel like making special whipped cream? Just make a simple spiked coffee by combining 4 fl oz (120 mL) of hot coffee with 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys.
- 1 B-52 Shot Pour 1 ⁄ 3 fl oz (9.9 mL) of Grand Marnier into a shot glass, followed by 1 ⁄ 3 fl oz (9.9 mL) of Baileys and 1 ⁄ 3 fl oz (9.9 mL) of Kahlua, Enjoy your triple-decker combination of coffee, cream, and citrus flavors!
- The B-52 is a layered shot that starts with the densest liquid on the bottom of the shot glass.
- 2 Blow Job Shot Start by pouring 1 ⁄ 2 fl oz (15 mL) of amaretto into a shot glass, followed by 1 ⁄ 4 fl oz (7.4 mL) of Baileys. Then, top your drink with a liberal amount of whipped cream.
- The Blow Job contains Baileys Irish Cream as well as whipped cream, so it’s a dairy lover’s drink. Try to layer this shooter rather than mix or blend it.
- To really get into the spirit of the BJ shot, keep your hands behind your back when you take this shot, and try drinking the shot using your mouth alone.
- 3 Screaming Orgasm Shot Pour an equal amount ( 1 ⁄ 4 fluid ounce (7.4 mL) each) of Baileys, vodka, amaretto, and Kahlua into an ice-filled cocktail shaker. After shaking it all together, strain the mixture into a shot glass.
- 4 Baileys Jello Shot Dissolve 2 packets of unflavored gelatin in 1 c (240 mL) of coffee. Once everything is dissolved, stir in 2 ⁄ 3 c (160 mL) of Baileys along with 1 ⁄ 3 c (79 mL) of whiskey. Pour the mixture evenly into 12 plastic shot glasses, and stick it in the fridge for 2-3 hours. When the shots are set, serve them with a dollop of whipped cream and some chocolate shavings.
- 5 Tiramisu Shots Pour 2 ⁄ 3 fl oz (20 mL) of Kahlua each into 3 shot glasses. Then, mix 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys and 2 fl oz (59 mL) of heavy cream and cocktail shaker before layering it on top of the Kahlua in each shot glass. As a finishing touch, garnish each shot with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.
- 6 Hot Cocoa Pudding Shots Stir one 3.9 oz (110 g) packet of chocolate pudding mix with one 0.73 oz (21 g) packet of hot cocoa mix, along with 2 ⁄ 3 c (160 mL) of whole milk. Once the entire mixture is combined, stir in 2 ⁄ 3 c (160 mL) of Baileys and 1 ⁄ 2 tsp (2.5 mL) of vanilla extract. Divide the pudding into 12 plastic shot glasses, and refrigerate them for 2 hours until they’re set.
- Give your shots an extra punch of hot cocoa by topping them with whipped cream, cocoa powder, and mini marshmallows.
- 1 Classic Baileys Martini Mix 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys with 1 ⁄ 4 fl oz (7.4 mL) of vodka. Shake the mixture together in an ice-filled cocktail shaker, before straining it into a chilled martini glass,
- 2 Baileys Flat White Martini Pour 1.6 oz (50 mL) of Baileys, 0.8 oz (25 mL) of espresso, and 0.8 oz (25 mL) of vodka into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake your drink until it’s good and cold, and then strain it into a martini glass.
- 3 Baileys Chocolatini Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes, and then pour in 3 1 ⁄ 2 US tbsp (52 mL) of Baileys, 2 1 ⁄ 2 tsp (12 mL) of vodka, and 1 1 ⁄ 2 US tbsp (22 mL) of chocolate liqueur, Shake your drink, and then strain it into a martini glass.
- For a flourish, you can garnish your glass with shaved chocolate or a dusting of cocoa powder.
- 4 Frozen Mudslide Make a frozen mudslide by blending 4 cups (600 g) of crushed ice along with 2 US tbsp (30 mL) of chocolate syrup, 1 1 ⁄ 2 fl oz (44 mL) of vodka, 1 1 ⁄ 2 fl oz (44 mL) of coffee-flavored liqueur, and 1 1 ⁄ 2 fl oz (44 mL) of Baileys. Pour the mixture into 4 separate glasses, topping each one with whipped cream.
- 5 Baileys Mint Martini Mix 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys and 1 fl oz (30 mL) of peppermint liqueur together in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Then, filter the mixture into a martini glass and garnish it with dark chocolate shavings.
- 1 Prepare the hot chocolate as your base drink. With your stove set to medium-low heat, mix 2 tbsp (15 g) of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1-2 tbsp (13-26 g) of sugar, 1 pinch of salt, and 2 US tbsp (30 mL) of milk together in a saucepan. Once the sugar and cocoa powder completely dissolve, pour in 7 ⁄ 8 c (210 mL) of milk.
- Instant hot chocolate can work, as can hot chocolates flavored with mint or caramel.
- You will add Baileys at the end of the process, so you can make hot chocolate according to your own recipe.
- 2 Stir 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys into your hot chocolate. As a general rule of thumb, add 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys per 1 c (240 mL) of hot chocolate. Start with less, then taste to gauge the flavor before you add more.
- 3 Garnish your hot chocolate with all of your favorite sweet toppings. Top your hot chocolate with whipped cream, along with miniature marshmallows and chocolate shavings. For even more flourish, try:
- Adding a drizzle of chocolate sauce
- Sticking a chocolate wafer cookie into the whipped cream.
- Serving the milkshake with a cookie straw.
- 1 Add 2 scoops of ice cream and some Baileys to a blender. Add 1 scoop of vanilla and 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream to your mixer, along with 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys. Feel free to get creative with your ice cream flavors, though—Baileys and coffee ice cream go well together, as well as mint chocolate chip, peanut butter, rum raisin, pumpkin, or cookies and cream.
- 2 Add caramel sauce and chocolate sauce to the mixture. Squeeze in 1 US tbsp (15 mL) chocolate sauce to your alcoholic ice cream mixture, along with 1 US tbsp (15 mL) of caramel sauce. Feel free to add other flavors that go well with Baileys, like citrus or Amaretto, as well as:
- Fresh fruit like a banana, peaches, or strawberries.
- Peanuts, walnuts, or almonds.
- 3 Blend the ice cream, Baileys, and mix-ins with milk to your desired consistency. In addition to your ice cream, Baileys, sauces, and mix-ins, pour in 2 c (470 mL) of whole milk. Blend everything together in your blender or milkshake maker.
- For a thicker milkshake, use a little less milk.
- For a thinner milkshake, use a little more.
- 4 Top your drink with whipped cream. Whipped cream from a can is totally fine for this. However, you can get ambitious and make your own Baileys whipped cream by whipping 1 c (240 mL) of heavy cream and 3 US tbsp (44 mL) of Baileys into a metal bowl and beating with an electric mixer until it’s stiff.
- Feel free to top your milkshake with all sorts of toppings, like sprinkles, mini marshmallows, and pieces of crumbled cookies.
- 1 Straight Baileys Add a handful of ice to a drinking glass, followed by 3 1 ⁄ 2 fl oz (100 mL) of Baileys. Enjoy your sweet but brisk drink!
- 2 Baileys Jack Knife Make this strong drink by mixing 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys with 2 fl oz (59 mL) of whiskey, Shake your concoction until it’s cold, and then strain it into a lowball glass,
- 3 Baileys Irish Floats Add 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a tall glass, along with 1 c (240 mL) of Guiness and 1 ⁄ 4 c (59 mL) of Baileys. Garnish your drink with a little bit of chocolate syrup, and it’s good to go.
- 4 Baileys Irish Slammers Pour a standard of bottle of Guiness into a tall glass first. Then, pour 1 fl oz (30 mL) of Baileys and 1 fl oz (30 mL) of Irish whiskey into 2 separate shot glasses. Drop both of these glasses into the Guiness glass and drink the beverage right away.
- 5 Baileys Frozen Hot Chocolate Scoop ice into your blender until it’s completely full. Then, drizzle in 4 c (950 mL) of chocolate milk, 4 packets (1 oz) of hot chocolate mix, and 4 fl oz (120 mL) of Baileys. Blend everything until it’s thoroughly mixed together, and pour the beverage into 4 glasses.
- For a fun finish, squeeze a little of bit of chocolate syrup into each glass before you pour the hot chocolate it. Feel free to garnish each glass with a squirt of whipped cream and some chocolate pieces, too.
- 6 Baileys White Russian Scoop a few ice cubes into a lowball glass. In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, mix 1.6 oz (50 mL) of vodka and 0.8 oz (25 mL) of Baileys together before pouring it into the lowball glass. Fill the glass up the rest of the way with 1.6 oz (50 mL) of cream, and add a few chocolate shavings on top for good measure.
- For a more authentic White Russian flavor, use coffee-flavored Baileys,
- 7 Baileys Beach Baby Mix 2 fl oz (59 mL) of Baileys, 1 fl oz (30 mL) of coconut rum, and 1 fl oz (30 mL) of cream mixed with a splash of half-and-half in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Then, pour the drink into any kind of drinking glass.
Add New Question
- Question Can I just mix Irish whiskey and Baileys? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer Absolutely! This combo is actually known as “The Lucky Irishman.” All you have to do is scoop some ice into a drinking glass and pour in 1 oz (30 mL) each of Irish whiskey and Baileys. Stir everything together, and your drink is ready to go!
- Question How long can it be stored after the bottle is opened? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer According to the Baileys brand, an opened bottle is good for up to 2 years. Just make sure that you’re storing it between 32 and 77°F (0 to 32°C) in an area that doesn’t get a lot of direct sunlight.
- Question Does baileys mix well with rum? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer Definitely! In fact, you can make a Snow on the Beach cocktail by mixing 1.5 oz (45 mL) of cream of coconut, 1 oz (30 mL) of Baileys, 0.75 oz (22 mL) of spiced rum, and 0.75 oz (22 mL) of pineapple juice in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Then, filter the mixture into an ice-filled lowball glass and serve it with a pineapple chunk and some shredded coconut.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
Don’t worry about storing your Baileys in the refrigerator. According to the official website, Baileys should be stored in a non-sunny place that’s between 32 to 77 °F (0 to 25 °C).
Thanks for submitting a tip for review! Advertisement
- Cocktail shaker (optional)
- Blender (optional)
Article Summary X Baileys Irish Cream is a whiskey-based liqueur that can be drank straight or used to make sweet and creamy cocktails. One common Baileys shooter is a B-52, which is a creamy, citrusy shot. To make one, layer ½ ounce each of Kahlua, Baileys, and Triple Sec.
- You can also make Baileys martinis.
- First, mix 2 ounces of Baileys with ¼ ounce of vodka.
- Then, shake it with ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and strain it into a martini glass.
- For a flat white martini, mix 1/8 ounce of Baileys with 1 ounce of espresso and 1 ounce of vodka.
- You can also add a shot of Baileys to coffee or hot chocolate for an alcoholic pick-me-up.
For more tips, including how to make a Baileys milkshake, read on! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 317,335 times. If you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Should Baileys be refrigerated?
Baileys can last for two years – TY Lim/Shutterstock After you have cracked open your bottle of Baileys, do you need to find a spot for it in your already overcrowded refrigerator? No, per Baileys, The liquor maker states that a bottle of Baileys needs to be kept in a place that can range in temperature from 32 degrees F to 77 degrees F.
It also should not be placed where it is directly in the sun. But, with all of the cream in the bottle, you may wonder how can that be. You can thank alcohol for that. According to Simply Called Food, it acts as a preservative. Whether or not it has been opened, a bottle of Baileys lasts for two years.
It’s best to keep the bottle of Baileys away from direct sunlight, per The Rusty Spoon, because temperatures over 77 degrees F can change its consistency. Even though Baileys doesn’t need to be refrigerated, it will eventually go bad. To tell if it’s no longer good to drink, Simply Called Food advises analyzing its smell and texture for changes.
What is the best alcohol to drink at night?
The darker the alcohol, the worse the hangover. – “As a rule of the thumb, the darker the alcohol the more severe the hangover will be,” says Sloane Davis, a certified nutritionist and personal trainer. “Vodka is known to be the best alcoholic beverage for the most minimal hangover.
Gin, light rum and white wine are runner-ups—with brandy and whiskey being at the bottom of the list. There have been studies that show that certain congeners (small amounts of different chemicals in alcohol) contribute to the severity of a hangover.” Ultimately, avoiding a hangover means avoiding booze, but certain spirits can be less severe.
“A light beer will always be a better choice than dark, and white wine will triumph a glass of red to curb the dreaded hangover,” Davis says. “The sugar and sulfates in wine tends to keep people up at night.” She recommends trying sulfate-free wines and steering clear from anything dark in color, including dark rum, red wine, whiskey, brandy and dark beer.
What country drinks the most Baileys?
Baileys all froth and no hard facts
CURRENT ACCOUNT: Along with Smirnoff vodka, Baileys emerged as one of the stars of the Diageo show when the giant drinks group released interim results yesterday.Strong sales of Baileys in the key US and British markets helped boost the Diageo figures in what were otherwise tough market conditions.To mark the results, which showed annual sales of the cream liqueur now stand at six million cases worldwide, Bailey released its usual list of interesting facts and figures about the brand, headlined “Did you know?”Among the more interesting nuggets of information on offer is the fact that 2,000 glasses of Baileys are drunk every minute of every day.Some 40,000 dairy cows on around 1,500 farms produce the 50 million gallons of milk that go into the making of Baileys each year.The world’s number-one liqueur brand is now sold in more than 130 countries, although Ireland retains the top slot for largest per capita consumption.Baileys accounts for 6 per cent of total Irish food and drink exports and for more than half of all spirits exported from this country.
Anything you don’t know about the brand? Well, the only figures that Baileys doesn’t release are the ones that really count – its turnover and profit figures, which are swallowed up in the group accounts. : Baileys all froth and no hard facts
Does Baileys go bad?
Frequently Asked Questions Baileys Original lasts 2 years from the day of bottling, opened or unopened when stored at the optimum temperature (0 to 25°C/32 to 77°F). For other Baileys products, shelf life varies depending on the flavour. See below for the full list.
- Baileys Original: 24 months.
- Except for bottles 100ml or less where shelf life is 18 months Baileys Vanilla Cinnamon: 18 months Baileys Salted Caramel: 24 months.
- Except for 50ml bottles where shelf life is 18 months Baileys Espresso Crème: 24 months.
- Except for bottles 100ml or less where shelf life is 18 months Baileys Strawberries and Cream: 20 months.
Except for 50ml bottles where shelf life is 18 months Baileys Apple Pie: 18 months Baileys Colada: 18 months Baileys Deliciously Light: 18 months Please note that the 18, 20 or 24 month shelf life only applies to liquid in glass bottles. Our PET bottles which are 100ml or less all have a shelf life of 18 months.
Is there any caffeine in Baileys?
How Much Caffeine is in Baileys? – Since there is no caffeine found in Baileys, the answer to this question is none. It does not contain any caffeine whatsoever, making it a great choice for those looking to enjoy an alcoholic beverage without the potential side effects of consuming too much caffeine.
Enjoy the smooth and creamy flavors of Baileys with confidence knowing that you are not ingesting any stimulants, allowing yourself to fully relax and indulge in the calming effects that this iconic liqueur is known for. Whether you’re looking to enjoy a night out or just simply want to unwind after a long day, Baileys is the perfect companion with its lack of caffeine and smooth flavor.
Enjoy your favorite drink with peace of mind knowing that you can do so without worrying about any unwanted stimulants entering your system. How much caffeine is in Bailey’s? None, Baileys does not contain any caffeine whatsoever. Enjoy the smooth and creamy flavors of this iconic liqueur worry-free without any added stimulants.
Is Baileys cream strong?
How to reduce the amount you’re drinking – Irish cream liqueur is a strong alcoholic drink, but it’s sweetened flavour can make it easy to underestimate how much alcohol you’re having. To stay on track, try these top tips: Irish cream liqueur is often automatically sold as a double (50ml) measure in pubs and restaurants (0.8 units). To reduce your units, you could ask for a single serving (0.4 units), and double up on ice. If you’re drinking at home, it can be harder to pour accurate 50ml measures.
You could be over-pouring and drinking more units than you think. Order a unit measuring cup to keep track of your units at home. If you drink regularly, your body starts to build up a tolerance to alcohol, This is one of the reasons the UK Chief Medical Officers’ low risk drinking guidelines recommend having several drink free days each week, as well as not drinking more than 14 units per week, or binge drinking.
Ideas for your next drink-free day