Firefly Moonshine White Lightning Reviews – Nice Nice, proper moonshine, recommended to drink ice cold, 6th August 2022 Will not be disappointed I have wondered how moonshine actually tastes and think this is fantastic.31st January 2022 Desperate tramp fuel Given as a gift – by someone who loves it.
As a consultant to the drinks industry of 20 years, I can honestly say this is a very special creation. Easily makes the bottom 10 of everything I’ve ever tasted – even against Salmiakki (salted liquorice liqueur) Zirbenz CREAM (like a blend of Toilet Duck and facial scrub), locally produced Arrack and bizarre rums such as Savanna Lontan, this is basically undrinkable.
Lots of comments suggest that it’s a good expression within its field – but honestly, the only consumers of my jar will dwell in the sewers. At a pinch you could use it as a solvent for removing sticky tape residue – but do it outside or wear a mask.26th June 2021 Cheers from boo bears 🐻 My first jar of fire fly and first with corn,I do my own vodka and flavours trying to get into the business,but I’d give fire fly 100% thumbs up great taste 12th June 2021 Are jar of crap Horrible, like grappa that hates you.
- What in gods name would you use this for? Perhaps cleaning spoons or preserving body parts.
- I’d rather drink contact lens fluid.12th January 2021 Rating 5 The best moonshine in the market I have lived in USA for 30 years and it is a blessing that I can still get the best moonshine ever made now that I am the uk.22nd August 2020 For this price avoid Nose is quite nice.
Strange sweetness on tasting, must be the corn. Generally unpleasant to drink straight up. Burn is stronger than anything I’ve drank before and I’m familiar with La Fee absinthe. Bearable mixed with coke. Big fan of bourbons, younger cognac and favoured ‘shine.
I can drink Nikka ‘from the bottle’ at approx the same strength but this one isn’t for me. Hopefully the more expensive palmetto stuff I bought won’t be like this. Could understand it if it was cheaper.5th May 2020 Perfect! Perfect for sipping straight from the jar next to a fire, it has a bite which goes into a corn flavoured chest warming buzz.
Will definitely be buying again ! 13th April 2020 True corn whiskey. Firefly is true corn whiskey, not like some of those out there that claim to be moonshine but taste of nothing. It is sweet, smooth and my favourite alcoholic drink.7th April 2020 A worthy introduction to shine My old man is a fan of the infamous TV show, so I thought Father’s Day was a good excuse to delve in to the world of shine.
- 0.1 What percent is Firefly moonshine?
- 1 Does Firefly moonshine go bad?
- 2 Is moonshine stronger than most alcohol?
- 3 Does 50% alcohol burn?
- 4 Is Blue Flame moonshine spicy?
What is the best flavor of Firefly moonshine?
The best flavor hands down is the White Lightning. This is an unflavored, pure grain whiskey that can hit over 100 proof. The shot packs a punch, and you’ll feel it immediately. They recommend that you flavor this one yourself with fresh fruit, or enjoy it straight up. White Lightning, 100.7 proof
What is firefly moonshine?
Firefly Vodka – Created in a small still in South Carolina, Firefly became the world’s first hand-crafted sweet tea flavored vodka. Keeping true to its Southern roots, Firefly is distilled four times, infused with tea grown on a plantation five miles from the distillery and blended with real Louisiana sugar cane.
What percent is Firefly moonshine?
Firefly Apple Pie Moonshine | Next Day Delivery Firefly Apple Pie Moonshine 75cl 30.15% ABV
- Firefly Apple Pie Moonshine
- Firefly Moonshine comes all the way from the Firefly Distillery in Wadmalaw Island, South Carolina.
- An apple pie flavoured spirit in a mason jar, bursting with notes of baked apple, cinnamon, caramel, and flaky pie crust.
- Enjoy as a shot or mixed with ginger ale and a splash of lime.
Packed with care All our parcels are packed with care by our dedicated warehouse team. All our packaing is fully recyclable. Delivery Information
- 3-5 Working Day Service – £5.95
- 1-2 Working Day Service – £7.95
- Next Working Day Service (Order by 2pm) – £10.95
- Saturday Delivery (Order by 2pm Friday) – £14.95
- Orders are processed Monday – Friday
Sending A Gift? We offer a free hand written gift message service with all our orders. We will ensure no invoicing is sent to the recipient. : Firefly Apple Pie Moonshine | Next Day Delivery
Does Firefly moonshine go bad?
Summary – Moonshine cannot really expire. The flavor and characteristics of your moonshine can be changed if it is exposed to light, warmth, or air but it won’t become undrinkable. Even an open bottle of flavored moonshine will last for many years before it will start to go off.
Is moonshine stronger than most alcohol?
Can Moonshine Be Dangerous? – Moonshine can be hazardous on two levels: during the distillation process and when consumed. What does the label “XXX” on a moonshine jug mean ? During the distillation process, alcohol fumes are created, which are extremely flammable, The flammable fumes are one of the main reasons why moonshine stills are usually found outside, despite making them more visible to law authorities.
If you’re trapped inside, the risk of vaporous explosions is too large. Methanol’s hazardous potential is undetected at first taste. It will merely make individuals drunker. However, methanol may be exceedingly harmful to a person’s health once it has been metabolized. It just takes ten milliliters (ml) of methanol to permanently damage the optic nerve and result in partial, if not full, blindness.
Also Read: Difference Between Moonshine & Vodka FAQs Can homemade moonshine kill you? Yes, homemade moonshine can kill you if you consume too much. But, can moonshine go bad ? Since moonshine is not distilled properly, it contains pure alcohol, which is very toxic.
- Moonshine containing high quantities of methanol can cause blindness or even death,
- Is moonshine stronger than other alcohol? Yes, moonshine is stronger than other alcohol if it is made appropriately.
- Because it hasn’t been aged, it is just extremely powerful alcohol with a very strong flavor or “kick.” It’s generally quite strong, up to 150 proof (about 75 percent alcohol).
What do you think is the difference between moonshine and whiskey ? How much alcohol is in a shot of moonshine? Usually, 1.5 ounces or a “shot” of distilled spirits or liquor contains 80-proof or 40% alcohol by volume. However, it depends on the variety.
What is the highest alcohol moonshine?
What is the Proof of Moonshine? – Moonshine has a minimum alcohol content of 150 proof (75 percent ABV) and the maximum alcohol content is 190 proof (95 percent ABV). In this way it is very similar to Everclear and the same warnings should be considered in regard to its consumption.
Does 50% alcohol burn?
Any alcohol listed above 100 proof – 50 percent ABV – is straight up flammable and would therefore not hinder the ability of gunpowder to fire. Today, proof is more about labeling alcohol content in liquors for consumer safety and for taxable purposes.
Does all moonshine burn blue?
MOONSHINE FACTS | mysite Did you know when your brother-in-law makes his apple pie moonshine and it freezes that means it’s under 20 proof? An IPA beer these days is product rated at 8 proof and a regular domestic beer is 4% alcohol by volume. Did you know when you get clear corn, rye or wheat moonshine and it’s heavy with bubbles that it means it’s low in proof? Our moonshine is 150 proof before it is expertly blended to produce your favorite flavor.
- So, if your brother-in-law makes his own or buys 100 proof vodka at the liquor store it is not possible for his moonshine to ever be more than 100 proof.
- When he puts about a quarter of that in a bottle and adds flavoring it then becomes only 25 proof.
- Did you know that the higher the proof of the moonshine, before adding flavoring, that less bubbles and a lighter weight is good? Water is heavier than alcohol, therefore moonshine with too much water produces a bubbly, heavy and lower grade product.
Did you know the higher the proof of the clear the less you will taste the corn, wheat or rye? So if it has heavy, sweet corn taste it’s probably 80 proof at best. Did you know that our state taxes any product put into the state store at a mandatory 44% cost to the distillery? That doesn’t include the 6% sales tax, 1% county tax or the taxes on the grain which is 225%! Did you know if the proof of a clear moonshine is high it will burn blue with a tad of orange on the top? That’s because it’s extinguishing the oxygen in the air.
- If it’s low in proof it wont burn blue or hardly at all.
- Country Hammer Moonshine offers a top quality product, with an unmatched variety of flavors.
- Best of all we make it convenient and it’s totally LEGAL ! Our clear has very few bubbles, is low on water content and won’t freeze, even after we blend in the flavors.
It will always burn blue, has a smooth taste with very little burn and minimal corn taste. Any of the facts mentioned above can be verified with a Google search. : MOONSHINE FACTS | mysite
Is Blue Flame moonshine spicy?
Ole Smoky Blue Flame Moonshine 35,00 € You have of this product in your cart.
In stock Delivery with GLS Parcelshop 7,00 € Delivery with GLS 10,00 € Order before Sunday 7th of May 14:00:00 and we estimate your order to be delivered Monday 8th of May
Ole Smoky is a Tennessee distillery that has impressed us with their quality moonshine and flavoured whiskey releases. This bottling kicks things up a notch however, coming in at a whopping 64% ABV, or 128 proof. This is what is known as a “sugar wash moonshine” where a corn mash, left over from corn whiskey production, has sugar added and is then fermented again and distilled.
It takes its name from the fact that when lit (something we do not recommend!) it burns a vivid blue flame. The coloured glass jar also reflects this. This is a yeasty spirit, with a pastry-led nose, and slight spiciness. The palate is hot with lots of pepper, sweet cereal, bread and floral notes. The finish is punchy and short with a lot of peppery spice.
This is a little hot when drunk by itself, but does offer delicious flavours. It excels when served over ice, or with a mixer. We’ve also had good results using this in place of over-proof rum in tiki cocktails! Not for the faint of heart, but this is a top-quality jar of moonshine! Review Rating: None Name I really like the smooth taste of Ole Smoky Blue Flame.
What does Firefly vodka taste like?
Firefly is the original vodka with natural sweet tea flavors, first created at the Firefly Distillery in South Carolina. It is distilled four times and infused with all-natural tea. We like to keep our drinks simple so try mixing with lemonade or with water and a lemon wedge. The taste is sweet, the kick is sweeter.