4.0% Corona Premier is perfect for casual entertaining, sharing with guests, or rewarding yourself for a day well-lived. Per 12 fl. oz. serving of average analysis: Alcohol by volume: 4.0%, Calories 90, Carbs 2.6 grams, Protein 0.7 grams, Fat 0 grams.
- 0.1 Does Corona Premier have less alcohol?
- 0.2 Which Corona beer is strongest?
- 1 Is Corona Premier lighter?
- 2 Is corona premier healthier?
Does Corona Premier have less alcohol?
Corona Extra has been atop the sales charts of Mexican beers in the United States since 1998. However, the Corona brand is not resting on its laurels and has recently launched new beer variants, and one of the most popular is Corona Premier. Here, we will examine the two beers and determine which beer is better.
But first, a quick answer to the topic question. Corona Extra is a premium American lager, while Corona Premier is a light American lager. Corona Premier is a light lager with a lower alcohol content, bitterness profile, and calorie count. Corona Premier is also more refreshing and thirst-quenching than Corona Extra.
As you would imagine, this quick answer doesn’t do full justice to which of the beers is better; the rest of the article does, though! Here, we will walk you through both beer’s history, classification, and brewing process. Then, we will consider beer characteristics, like flavor, mouthfeel, smell, calories, alcohol content, and appearance.
What’s the difference between Corona and Corona Premier?
Next time you head to the grocery store to buy a Corona beer, you’ll have another option to choose from. Constellation Brands, which distributes popular Mexican lager Corona in the United States, is rolling out a new lower-calorie version of the beer: Corona Premier, the first new Corona-branded beer in 29 years.
The new beer is meant for light beer drinkers who are looking for an upgrade in what they drink while sticking to a brand they’re familiar with. Exact pricing will vary depending on the market, but Constellation has said that the beer will cost the same as Corona and Corona Light. Those beers cost 40% more than traditional light beers, The Wall Street Journal reports,
The company is pitching the new beer to men over 35. As for how it’s different from traditional Corona, the new Premier version has 2.6 grams of carbohydrates and 90 calories compared to 148 calories and 13 grams of carbs in a traditional 12 oz. Corona.
- Corona Light has 99 calories and 5 grams of carbohydrates.
- Constellation describes Premier as “perfectly balanced with a touch of sweetness and a clean and pleasantly dry finish.” It says the beer has an aroma of “fruit-honey with a touch of malt” and that it is “the smoothest, most drinkable Corona.” The beer, which is starting to roll out to retailers now, will be sold nationwide in both cans and bottles.
Subscribe to Well Adjusted, our newsletter full of simple strategies to work smarter and live better, from the Fortune Well team. Sign up today,
Which Corona beer is strongest?
Corona Familiar – Corona Familiar is the ugly duckling of the Corona beers. It comes in a brown growler-style bottle. But underneath this brown bottle, you’ll find a 4.8% American Adjuct lager. Corona Familiar is the maltiest and strongest beer in the Corona lineup.
- Appearance : Corona Familiar is a golden lager with a clear body. It pours to form a white head with poor retention. Like other Corona beers, lacing is minimal.
- Aroma : Corona Familiar is the maltiest of the Corona beers. As such, it gives off strong bready notes. It lacks the skunky characteristic that defines other Corona beers. Like Corona Extra, you can expect noticeable grassy notes under the blanket of malt.
- Taste : Its maltiness is richer and more pronounced. You can feel the essence of corn just from sipping the beer. Despite having a grassy aroma, the beer lacks a similar trait in its flavor.
- Mouthfeel: Corona Familiar has a medium body with a refreshing characteristic.
Corona Familiar: Food Pairings Corona Familiar’s drinkability may make it compatible with spicy foods, but it’s a stronger alcohol. Corona Familiar is an excellent companion for delicately-flavored foods like fish, chicken, and salads. Corona Familiar: Serving Corona Familiar is quite flavorful, and it does not require lime. However, you still have to serve it cold, 33-49°F.
Is Corona Premier lighter?
Corona Premier takes one of the most well-known light lagers on the planet and makes it even lighter—and not just in carbohydrates, as is prominently advertised on the bottle. It’s refreshing when served cold, but tastes watery and bland when compared to its full-strength cousin; it might be more desperate for that squeeze of lime than any other brew in Corona’s lineup, if only to give it a kick of flavor.
How many coronas does it take to get drunk?
Given that Corona is 4.6% abv it would take at least 6 half pint bottles of that for me to even realise I had been drinking.8 bottles of that and I would still be driving home.
Is Corona a healthier beer?
Corona Extra – Corona Extra might taste light and refreshing, but the flavor is actually a well-crafted deception. It’s all in the name: there’s extra flavor, but there are also a ton of extra calories and carbs. There are 148 calories and 14 grams of carbs in each bottle, making Corona Extra one of the unhealthier beers you can have.
Where is Corona beer most popular?
Corona Extra was first brewed in 1925 at the Cervecería Modelo in Mexico City, Mexico. Ten years after its launch, Corona became the best- selling beer in Mexico and today continues to stand for Mexican pride around the world.
Is Corona beer sugar free?
Calories, carbs and sugar Corona Cero has 17 calories per 100ml, compared to 42 calories per 100ml in the full-strength Corona Extra. There are 3.9g of carbohydrates per 100ml, of which 0.7g is sugar.
Which alcohol is bad for health?
– Obesity is a serious health concern. Alcohol is the second most calorie-rich nutrient after fat — packing about 7 calories per gram. Beer has a similar number of calories as sugary soft drinks, ounce for ounce, whereas red wine has twice as much ( 28, 29, 30 ).
- However, studies investigating the link between alcohol and weight have provided inconsistent results ( 31 ).
- It seems that drinking habits and preferences may play a role.
- For example, light to moderate drinking is linked to reduced weight gain, whereas heavy drinking is linked to increased weight gain ( 32, 33, 34 ).
In fact — while drinking beer regularly may cause an increase in waist circumference — the well-known “beer belly” — wine consumption may have the opposite effect ( 31, 35, 36 ). Summary The evidence on alcohol and weight gain is mixed. Heavy drinking and beer are linked to increased weight gain, while light to moderate drinking and wine are linked to reduced weight gain.
Is corona premier healthier?
Is Corona Premier A Healthier Beer? – The answer to this question lies in your own health goals and what exactly you’re comparing the beer to. Compared to Corona Extra, or even Corona Light, Corona Premier is a healthier choice for those who are reducing their calories and carbs.
- Corona Premier is far lower in calories or carbs than Corona Extra, so from that point of view, it’s a healthier choice.
- It’s probably also healthier than many other light beers in the domestic market, with only 90 calories compared to the typical 100 calories of a light lager.
- Corona Premier’s 90 calories and 0 grams of fats or sugar is also a healthier choice than sugary sodas.
Coca-cola, for example, has 138 calories per 12oz bottle and is packed with sugar, with 33 grams per bottle. On the other hand, compared to a glass of water, or straight black coffee, Corona Premier is heavier in both calories and carbs. As always, it’s worth looking at your current goals and diet before deciding if this beer is a healthy choice for you.