Is there 100 percent alcohol in moonshine?
Typically, moonshine has an ABV of 40%. However, the ABV of moonshine can be even higher, reaching levels of anywhere from 60%-80%! When it comes to alcohol levels in a spirit, the distilling process is the defining factor.
What alcohol can be stored for 20 years?
Like liquor and beer, wine is produced through a fermentation process. Many fine wines are aged in barrels for months or even years to add complexity and intensity to the flavors. If stored properly, a bottle of fine wine can last up to 20 years.
What is a still for making moonshine?
Miscellaneous Michael Pollick Last Modified Date: July 03, 2023 Michael Pollick Last Modified Date: July 03, 2023 A moonshine still is an apparatus designed to create a homemade mash whiskey called “moonshine.” It gets its name because distilling operations are often run under cover of darkness, ideally when the moon was full.
- The cool night air also helps with the distillation process, as vapor is converted back into liquid form.
- There are many different design variations on the basic still, but essentially, it is a large copper pot with a tight lid and a narrow conical vent at the top.
- This vent leads the vapors through a coiled length of copper tubing and ultimately into a container for storage.
Because the production of alcohol without a license is illegal in some places, including the US, a moonshine still might be hidden deep within a mountainous region. Ideally, it would be set up near a flowing creek, which would serve as a primitive cooler for the copper tubing. Moonshine is usually distilled from corn mash. Once the corn mash has had time to ferment, it is heated with a gas burner or even firewood, although the heat source must be controllable. The corn mash is carefully heated to the point of vaporization, around 173°F (approximately 78°C). Homemade mash whiskey is made in a moonshine still. The distilled liquid that eventually drips from the end of the copper coiling is pure grain alcohol, or moonshine. It is usually stored in clay jugs or Mason canning jars after production, then sold illegally by bootleggers. A regular WiseGEEK contributor, Michael enjoys doing research in order to satisfy his wide-ranging curiosity about a variety of arcane topics. Before becoming a professional writer, Michael worked as an English tutor, poet, voice-over artist, and DJ. Michael Pollick A regular WiseGEEK contributor, Michael enjoys doing research in order to satisfy his wide-ranging curiosity about a variety of arcane topics. Before becoming a professional writer, Michael worked as an English tutor, poet, voice-over artist, and DJ.
Is moonshine coming back?
CBC ORIGINAL DRAMEDY MOONSHINE RENEWED FOR SEASON THREE, WITH PRODUCTION UNDERWAY IN NOVA SCOTIA – CBC Media Centre
- Created by Sheri Elwood and produced by Six Eleven Media and eOne Ensemble cast stars Jennifer Finnigan, Anastasia Phillips, Emma Hunter, Tom Stevens, Alexander Nunez, Peter MacNeill, Erin Darke, Farid Yazdani, James Gilbert, Celia Owen, Calem MacDonald, Leigh-Ann Rose, Allegra Fulton, JD Martin and Allan Hawco Season 2 premieres this fall on CBC and CBC Gem
CSA-nominated CBC original east coast family dramedy (8×60) will return for a third season in 2023, with production now underway in Nova Scotia. Created by Sheri Elwood ( Lucifer, Call Me Fitz ) and produced by Six Eleven Media and Entertainment One (eOne), the series follows the Finley-Cullens, a dysfunctional clan of adult half-siblings battling for control of the Moonshine, a ramshackle campground on the South Shore of Nova Scotia.
- The second season will premiere this fall on Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 9 p.m.
- 9:30 NT) on CBC and CBC Gem, and the entire first season is available to stream now on,
- I’m humbled and thrilled to be able to continue the saga of the Finley-Cullens along with my team of talented writers, directors and cast.
These characters have taken on a life of their own and I’m beyond grateful to our partners at CBC and eOne for allowing us the creative freedom to wave our freak flags for another season,” said showrunner, creator and director Sheri Elwood. “We welcome the Finley-Cullens back to CBC with open arms for Season 2 this fall, and we can’t wait to watch sparks fly between Jennifer Finnigan and Allan Hawco as he joins Moonshine ‘s incredibly talented cast of South Shore characters,” says Sally Catto, General Manager of Entertainment, Factual & Sports, CBC.
“Sheri has crafted a heartwarming and hilarious series centered around a perfectly imperfect family that continues to keep us on our toes, and we can’t wait to see where Season 3 takes them.” “We are delighted to be filming the third season of Moonshine in our beautiful home province of Nova Scotia with our world class crew, remarkable talent and stunning locations,” said Charles Bishop, Executive Producer Six Eleven Media.
The 2022 Canadian Screen Award nominated series stars Jennifer Finnigan ( Salvation ), Anastasia Phillips ( Reign ), Emma Hunter ( The Beaverton, Mr. D ), Tom Stevens ( The 100, Beyond ), Alexander Nunez ( Avocado Toast ), Peter MacNeill ( Good Witch ), Erin Darke ( The Marvelous Mrs.
Maisel, Miracle Workers ), Farid Yazdani ( Day Players, Suits ), James Gilbert ( Suits, Salvation ), Celia Owen ( A Small Fortune ), Calem MacDonald ( Umbrella Academy ), Allan Hawco ( Frontier, Departure ), Allegra Fulton ( Chapelwaite ), Leigh-Ann Rose ( The Young and the Restless ) and JD Martin ( Manifest ).
Guest stars rounding out the cast in Season 3 are Jonathan Silverman ( Weekend at Bernie’s ) and Kirsten Howell ( Trailer Park Boys ). “It’s an honour to work with the incredibly talented cast and crew of Moonshine, and we’re thrilled to return to Nova Scotia to embark on a new season of exploits with the Finley-Cullens,” said Jocelyn Hamilton (President, Television – Canada, eOne).
- With its unique mix of heart, hilarity and intrigue that fans have come to know and love, this is a season that Canadian audiences won’t want to miss.” A CBC original series, Moonshine is produced by Six Eleven Media and eOne.
- Created and Executive Produced by showrunner, writer and director Sheri Elwood, the show is executive produced alongside Six Eleven Media’s Charles Bishop.
Jocelyn Hamilton serves as executive producer for eOne. For CBC, Sally Catto is General Manager, Entertainment, Factual & Sports; Trish Williams is Executive Director, Scripted Content; Sarah Adams is Director of Current Production, Drama; and Gosia Kamela is Executive in Charge of Production, Drama.
- About CBC/Radio-Canada
- About Six Eleven Media
- About Entertainment One (eOne)
- For more information, please contact:
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada’s national public broadcaster. Through our mandate to inform, enlighten and entertain, we play a central role in strengthening Canadian culture. As Canada’s trusted news source, we offer a uniquely Canadian perspective on news, current affairs and world affairs.
- Our distinctively homegrown entertainment programming draws audiences from across the country.
- Deeply rooted in communities, CBC/Radio-Canada offers diverse content in English, French and eight Indigenous languages.
- We also deliver content in Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Punjabi and Tagalog, as well as both official languages, through Radio Canada International (RCI).
We are leading the transformation to meet the needs of Canadians in a digital world. Six Eleven Media was founded in 2011 by Canadian media industry veteran and Executive Producer Charles Bishop. The talent-focused company creates and produces content to air across multiple platforms.
With offices in Halifax and Los Angeles, Six Eleven Media has grown into a supplier of hit content in Canada and the US. Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content.
As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne’s expertise spans across film and television production and sales; production, distribution and brand management of kids and family properties; digital content; and immersive and live entertainment.
- Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.
- EOne brings to market both original and existing content, sourcing IP from Hasbro’s portfolio of 1500+ brands, and through a diversified network of creative partners and eOne companies.
Elizabeth Reid CBC, Public Relations [email protected] 647.981.7059 Mario Tassone Unit Publicist [email protected] 416.889.6993 : CBC ORIGINAL DRAMEDY MOONSHINE RENEWED FOR SEASON THREE, WITH PRODUCTION UNDERWAY IN NOVA SCOTIA – CBC Media Centre