- 1 Does moonshiners come on Discovery Plus?
- 2 Is Mark stepping away from moonshiners?
- 3 Does Amazon Prime have the moonshiners?
Is Discovery moonshiners fake?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Narrated by||Jeremy Schwartz|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||12|
|No. of episodes||251 ( list of episodes )|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||Discovery Channel|
|Original release||December 6, 2011 – present|
Moonshiners is an American docudrama television series on the Discovery Channel produced by Magilla Entertainment that dramatizes the life of people who produce (illegal) moonshine in the Appalachian Mountains of Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia,
The series dramatizes their liquor production efforts, law-evading techniques and life. There have been claims by local officials that the show is not what it portrays itself to be. Virginia authorities have stated that no illegal liquor is actually being produced by the people depicted in the show. The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) said in March 2012 that, “If illegal activity was actually taking place, the Virginia ABC Bureau of Law Enforcement would have taken action.” They also said that they had requested for the producers to add a disclaimer to clarify that the show was only a dramatization, “but the request was overlooked”, and the show’s producers, Magilla Entertainment, have stated their documentary content is real.
Portions of the show that feature Marvin “Popcorn” Sutton were taken from a documentary film by Neal Hutcheson. Hutcheson’s documentary was filmed in 2002 and released the same year with the title This is the Last Dam Run of Likker I’ll Ever Make, In 2008, a version of the documentary that was edited for television was broadcast on PBS and the Documentary Channel with the title The Last One, and it received a Southeast Emmy Award in 2009.
- Sutton was arrested in 2007 by ATF agents in Cocke County, Tennessee (led by Jim Cavanaugh of Waco siege fame) for illegally distilling liquor and possession of a handgun by a felon, and was sentenced to eighteen months in jail in 2009.
- He subsequently died by suicide, apparently to avoid serving the federal prison term.
The show’s first season premiered on December 6, 2011. The twelfth season premiered on November 9, 2022, with a preseason special airing on November 2, 2022.
Does moonshiners come on Discovery Plus?
Moonshiners | Shows | discovery+
Will there be a 12th season of moonshiners?
Watch Moonshiners Online | Season 12 (2022) | TV Guide.
What happened to Josh Owens from Moonshiners 2023?
Josh Owens, Moonshiners’ beloved cast member, was involved in a tragic accident during a motorcycle race at Daytona International Speedway. – Agencies Josh Owens, a famous personality and a cast member of the show Moonshiners, suffered a severe accident on March 4, 2023, during a motorcycle race at Daytona International Speedway. While fans were devasted by the news, rumors about his death started circulating on social media, but they have since been debunked.
Josh Owens is alive, although he sustained severe injuries from the accident. The circumstances surrounding Josh Owens’s accident are yet to be officially announced, but information is being gathered. Fans of the popular television show Moonshiners, where Josh Owens is a regular cast member, are eager to know more about the accident and his condition.
The news of his accident has gone viral on the internet, and social media platforms are filled with messages of support and prayers for Josh’s recovery.
How much of Moonshiners is real?
Is the show Moonshiners for real? – That, my friend, is a complicated question that includes a discussion about the very nature of reality, the intertwining of myth and legend with expectation. And, of course, just how much folks want to accept a level of fakeness and believe their own bull.
- We’ll start with the obvious.
- The very act of observing reality changes it.
- This is a TV show with cameras and producers, directors and editors.
- In fact, it is produced by Magilla Entertainment, a production company that is also associated with other reality TV shows.
- In addition, many of the cast members are referred to as actors.
Some of their other shows include “Long Island Medium”, “Jailhouse Redemption” and “Diesel Brothers”. The most humorous of which might be “King of Thrones”, where they say they are number one when it comes to number two. It’s essentially an HDTV special on toilets. In a place like Sevier County, Tennessee, moonshine means big business (photo by Alaina O’Neal/TheSmokies.com)
Is Mark stepping away from moonshiners?
What We Know About Mark Rogers’ Fate on ‘Moonshiners’ > > > Is Mark Rogers leaving ‘Moonshiners’? Here’s what we know about the reality star and the potential for his departure from the show. By Feb.8 2023, Published 3:13 p.m. ET Source: Discovery There isn’t really anything else on television quite like, The Discovery reality show focuses on the life and times of both legitimate and outlaw distillers working to make some serious hooch in the Appalachian region of the U.S. Over the course of the last decade or so, fans have become familiar with an array of different distillers and learned a wealth of knowledge about their lives. Source: Discovery Article continues below advertisement Fans on are concerned that Mike’s time on the show is over. To further that, his cites that his time on both Moonshiners and Master Distiller came to an end in 2022. Nonetheless, Mark was an active member of the show’s cast for a decade and it led him to become a force within the moonshine industry.
Aside from his independent work, Mark has teamed up with legitimate operations such as to sell commercial variants of his now-famous moonshine blends. With no public social media pages that he could use to update fans about his career moves, it appears as though viewers will simply have to wait and see if Discovery or any other network make announcements of Mark’s participation in any future shows.
Nonetheless, the whole decade-plus of Mark’s time on Moonshiners is available for streaming on Discovery+. Thanks to his work over the years on reality television, Mark Rogers has reportedly accumulated a modest net worth. According to, Mark had an estimated net worth of roughly $300,000 in 2021.
Does Amazon Prime have the moonshiners?
Watch Moonshiners – Season 1 | Prime Video.
What happened to Jim Tom on Moonshiners?
So, did Jim Tom on ‘Moonshiners’ die? – Nope. Jim Tom, 80, has gone legitimate (for the most part) when it comes to the making and distribution of his famous “Unaged Rye.” He has teamed up with Mark and Digger at Sugarlands Distilling Co., which is owned by Kent Woods and Ned Vickers,
- He is featured on the company’s website.
- Jim Tom is a legendary moonshiner, master storyteller, and still maker,” his bio reads,
- Over the years, he has become one of the most skilled moonshiners in Appalachian and his original hand-crafted spirits were in high demand throughout the South.
- Today, Jim Tom is passing his lifetime of experience on to a new generation of distillers.” Source: Discovery/YouTube Article continues below advertisement Before getting into moonshine, Jim Tom, who was born in North Carolina on Dec.25, 1940, dabbled in plumbing, electrical works, vehicle maintenance, and ham radio operation.
He also released a couple of country songs, including his single, “Golly That’s Good.” However, he found his passion when it came to creating copper stills and slinging shine. When he made his debut on Moonshiners in 2012, he instantly became a fan favorite.
- Jim Tom, the man, the myth, the legend,” one viewer tweeted before another added, “Jim Tom you are one of a kind.” His last appearance on the show was in 2016, when he was last seen helping Josh after his split with partner Bill.
- I’m more like a hermit,” Jim Tom explained at the time.
- I don’t go many places.” Article continues below advertisement However, despite his time away from the reality show, we can guarantee that Jim Tom is still being a ladies man.
“The women,” he responded when asked what he can’t live without, “Now, you just can’t hardly make it without them. Now I get around. People don’t know that I get around. Yes sir. Women and booze. Ain’t never been nothing that matches like that together.”
Why did Bill Canny leave Moonshiners?
Bill Canny From ‘Moonshiners’ Is Doing Just Fine Post-Show — Here’s What He’s up to Now > > > When Bill Canny didn’t appear on ‘Moonshiners’ after 2019, fans wondered where he went and whether he was okay. What happened to Bill? Here’s the scoop. By Feb.23 2022, Published 1:17 p.m. ET Source: Discovery Channel The Discovery Channel docudrama series has been on air since 2011, but unlike the series itself, cast members are changing all the time. In 2019, left the show without a word, prompting many fans to wonder if something happened to him and why he decided to leave. Source: Discovery Channel Article continues below advertisement Although Moonshiners returned for Season 11 in 2021, not all the cast members who previously appeared continued with the franchise. Bill Canny, moonshiner and carpenter, did not return to the show, prompting questions about his absence.
- Bill was known for working closely with Josh Owens, and despite their bickering, the two remained friends for the time they appeared together.
- According to, Bill was on the show from 2012 to 2019.
- While the reason he left is currently unconfirmed, many speculate the regular fights he and Josh had were too much, and he wanted to continue life drama-free.
That said, Bill is a man of many talents, and during his time on the show, many cast members referenced his skill with carpentry and building. Article continues below advertisement Source: Discovery Channel It’s likely that despite his time on the show coming to an end, Bill has continued to be a moonshiner, carpenter, and builder. In fact, according to, Bill has been doing just fine. When he’s not participating in any of his craftwork, Bill appears to be spending time with his girlfriend Sara or playing music. Source: Discovery Channel Article continues below advertisement When he’s not organizing music festivals, working with carpentry, or making moonshine, Bill has also been giving music lessons and raising money for the baseball team. The Miracle League gives children with physical or mental disabilities the opportunity to play baseball.
- The League is also comprised of 500 volunteers to assist in gameplay, whether it’s chasing stray balls or providing other assistance as needed.
- Ultimately, it seems like life after Moonshiners has been pretty good to Bill Canny.
- Fans of the show should be pleased to know that he’s happy, healthy, and enjoying life.
New episodes of Moonshiners air Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET on The Discovery Channel. Latest Moonshiners News and Updates : Bill Canny From ‘Moonshiners’ Is Doing Just Fine Post-Show — Here’s What He’s up to Now
What happened to Craig on Moonshiners?
His brother, Richard, explained that the reality star “broke his entire face” including his “forehead, eye sockets top and bottom, nose, cheeks, upper jaw, lower jaw, numerous teeth.” Craig Landry, a star on the Discovery Channel series Moonshiners and a contestant on Moonshiners: Master Distiller, has been discharged from the hospital after surviving a harrowing accident last month that left him with multiple facial injuries.
- The reality star was involved in an accident on April 24 that required him to be airlifted to the University Medical Center in New Orleans, La., in order to receive treatment for “multiple broken bones to his face, jaw, hand, and broken teeth,” his manager Lauren Edge wrote on his GoFundMe page.
- We are unclear, so far, as to the extent of the injuries to the rest of his body such as his back, neck, and legs due to inflammation,” Edge’s statement continued.
“Doctors have scheduled him for surgery on April 28, 2023 to have his jaw wired as it is completely shattered.” Craig Landry of Moonshiners ‘Moonshiners’ star Craig Landry | Credit: Discovery His brother, Richard Landry, told TMZ that the accident occurred while Craig was operating an electric unicycle near his New Iberia home. He noted that Craig was later found unconscious by a group of women, who proceeded to call emergency services, and that he does not remember anything besides waking up in the ambulance.
Richard has also been providing updates on his brother’s condition on his Facebook page since the accident. In an April 27 video, he explained that Craig had been transferred to New Orleans “because we have a real small hospital in our city” that was “incapable of handling what Craig has going on” at the time.
“He broke his entire face. When I say broke, I mean literally forehead, eye sockets top and bottom, nose, cheeks, upper jaw, lower jaw, numerous teeth,” he said. “He has so much swelling going on in his head that we’re not sure, really, what’s going on with everything.” Craig Landry from the Discovery Channel show Moonshiners ‘Moonshiners’ star Craig Landry injured in electric unicycle accident | Credit: GoFundMe On April 29, he shared that Craig had just come out of a six-hour-long surgery and will have to undergo “four more” in the future. “There was a lot of damage,” Richard explained.
- They couldn’t tackle the whole thing today.” And, two days later, he announced that Craig had been discharged from the hospital on May 1.
- Craig is home,” he said.
- He is out of the hospital for now, because he’s gotta do a few more surgeries.” “He is still in a lot of pain, but he’s doing well,” Richard continued.
“He’s in the spirit of Craig — now he’s telling me what to do with moonshine again, so Craig’s coming back, y’all. Those prayers are really, really working.” He added, “He’s not quite talking yet, but when he does, I promise you I’ll let him say a special thank you to everybody who took the time to show some love to us.” Related content:
How bad did Josh from Moonshiners get hurt?
‘Moonshiners’ Star Josh Owens Updates on Accident and Recovery star ended up walking away with injuries after a terrible accident on Saturday, March 4. The accident happened at Daytona International Speedway in Florida during a motorcycle race. According to Owens, the accident caused him to break his neck, back, arm, legs, and shoulder.
- Owens sustained his grievous injuries during the heat of the race.
- Talking to his fans through a video update from the hospital, the star updated them on his condition for the first time since he was injured.
- In the video, Owens admits that he’s hanging on by a thread, but he’s also confident that he’ll recover.
He displayed one of his wounds, which had 50 staples as well as a large scar on his body. His co-star on the TV show Moonshiners, Richard Landry, stated soon after that he had spoken to people who had talked to Josh’s family members, who said he was doing well but was still a long way from recovery, reported,
A friend of Josh’s started a account to help cover what is likely to be a hefty hospital bill for him since Josh does not have health insurance, according to his friend.Even so, he retains a strong sense of optimism. Owens states in the video update that he was only able to survive the wreck due to the grace of God and adds, “I’m still here, and I love ya’ll.” Owens has dealt with accidents before, but this isn’t the first time he’s had to deal with them.The accident occurred in late 2021 when his left rotator cuff was torn off, and he suffered a broken collarbone, shoulder blade, and ribs.
This happened after his vintage motorcycle tire blew, and he crashed. Surprisingly, he recovered fully and was able to resume his life. Owens was born in Columbus, North Carolina, on August 28, 1977. He is now 45 years old and has been part of the Moonshiners cast since he was 35 years old.
- He was the son of legendary moonshiner Jim Tom Hedrick.
- After becoming a motocross rider, Owen unintentionally began distilling, ultimately leading to his current career path.
- Owens has earned a large fan following as one of the most recognizable stars for his no-nonsense demeanor, pragmatic approach, and impressive liquor-making skills.
Owens has remained a professional racer, despite his successful television career. In 2003 and 2004, he won North Carolina State Championships as a professional bike racer. : ‘Moonshiners’ Star Josh Owens Updates on Accident and Recovery