- 0.1 Are moonshine cherries sweet?
- 0.2 What can you do with cherry moonshine?
- 1 Can moonshine with fruit go bad?
- 2 What does moonshine taste good with?
- 3 What do you use moonshine for?
- 4 Can fruit mold in alcohol?
- 5 Can you get food poisoning from moonshine?
- 6 Do cherries in alcohol need to be refrigerated?
- 7 Do cocktail cherries need refrigeration?
- 8 Can cherries be left unrefrigerated?
Should moonshine cherries be refrigerated?
Hey Kevin, refrigeration is recommended but not required, so your Moonshine Cherries should be fine!
Are moonshine cherries sweet?
This delicious marriage culminated in an explosion of sweet heat in every perfectly infused cherry. And, once the cherries are gone, the remaining moonshine offers a lingering sweet nectar that blends into cherry cola or ginger ale like long lost lovers.
How do you eat moonshine cherries?
Moonshine Cherries are tasty little cherry bombs that can be eaten on their own or added to cocktails for a nice punch.
What can you do with cherry moonshine?
Cherry Moonshine Sangria – 1 oz. Midnight Moon Cherry with moonshine cherries from the jar 1/2 oz. Triple Sec 1/4 oz. Fresh lemon juice 4 oz. Sauvignon blanc white wine Fresh pineapple Fresh blueberries One serving, adjust as necessary to make a batch cocktail recipe.
Can moonshine with fruit go bad?
Does Moonshine Go Bad? – TN Shine Co. We’ve all been in a situation when we discover a bottle of wine stashed away in the kitchen cabinets and question if it is safe to consume. Fortunately, there isn’t a general time limit when this bottle is moonshine.
- Moonshines are claimed to last for years when not opened; however, it is advised to be aware of when not to consume the beverage for safety and quality.
- Here are some things alcohol enthusiasts need to know about the lifespan of moonshine, whether it spoils, and how to identify whether it’s unsafe to consume.
- Its Shelf Life
Moonshine, like other alcoholic beverages, may be kept on the shelf unopened for an infinite period — it is distilled until no sugars are left. Traditional moonshine is good as long as the distillation process is complete and no sugar is present. Nevertheless, keep in mind that not all moonshines are made equally.
- Moonshine does not need to be refrigerated and has a long shelf life due to its high alcohol content.
- However, it would be best if you consumed it as soon as possible within the year of manufacturing.
- After that, the moonshine’s flavor will start to degrade.
- It is preferable to consume any unsealed bottles of moonshine right away.
Moonshine has a longer shelf life than other simple spirits, lasting up to six months after opening. However, once a bottle of moonshine is opened, the shelf life is only 2-3 years. Does Moonshine with Fruit Go Bad? Moonshine that contains fruits does not go bad.
However, flavored moonshine has a shorter shelf life due to the addition of sugars, which are present in fruit-infused beverages, making it not in its purest form. Nevertheless, there are several moonshine recipes available that cocktail enthusiasts like. It’s better to drink flavored moonshine with fruit bits or additional sweeteners during the first two to three months of purchase.
The quality of the moonshine may deteriorate beyond that point.
- Signs That Indicate Bad Moonshine
- Do you have any doubts about whether your moonshine has gone bad? Here are some obvious warning signs to be on the lookout for:
- Weird Color
One aspect to pay attention to is the color of your beverage. If the moonshine seems to have an unusual color or texture, don’t drink it. If you’re still unsure, perform the spoon test by putting some moonshine on a spoon and lighting it on fire. A blue flame indicates that the alcohol is safe to consume, while a red or yellow flame indicates that the alcohol contains lead and should not be consumed.
- Foul Taste
- If the container is sealed and kept in a secure location (assuming that the manufacturer properly distilled the moonshine), it won’t hurt you to take a sip to evaluate the flavor.
- Although technically safe to drink, moonshine that “goes bad” will have an unpleasant taste.
- Alcohol Evaporation
When a bottle of moonshine is opened and then closed again, the alcohol evaporates slowly from air exposure. This process is long and might not be obvious immediately, but it will become self-evident after a few years. If the alcohol is kept in a warm environment, the process can be accelerated.
- If the alcohol content is lower, the spirit will taste weaker and not be as potent overall, but that shouldn’t be your main concern when it comes to aging and flavoring moonshine.
- Oxidation The term “oxidation” describes the chemical process that alters the alcohol’s atomic structure and is aided by exposure to air.
Oxidation causes flavored beverages to spoil and lose their flavor like fruit-infused moonshine. If moonshine is stored incorrectly, it will lose its alcohol potency, taste bad, and be unfit for consumption. What Happens When You Drink Bad Moonshine People will only become drunker if they consume bad moonshine.
However, consuming large amounts of spoiled moonshine exposes one to methanol, which can be very dangerous to one’s health once metabolized. One of two things can happen when methanol is found in a bad batch of moonshine, either it can harm your optic nerve, leaving you permanently blind, or it can cause death.
For this reason, you should immediately seek medical attention if you drink bad moonshine. What about moonshine in the heat? Does Moonshine Go Bad in the Heat? Although moonshine doesn’t spoil like other foods and beverages in the heat, it can still be affected.
- This is mainly due to chemistry, as the chemical components contained within the strong distilled spirits change over time when exposed to light and warmth.
- This can lead to a difference in flavor, without diluting or decreasing the alcohol content.
- As such, proper storage of your moonshine is key; if you’d like to enjoy it at its original taste, then you’ll want to make sure that the temperature doesn’t get too hot and that your moonshine is stored away from direct sunlight and humidity.
Generally speaking, however, pure moonshine will remain unaffected by consistent heat if kept properly sealed in a container devoid of air. Since bacteria need air to grow they won’t be able to contaminate the product with their presence; meaning as long as you don’t open your bottle of shine it’s highly unlikely for it to go bad before you decide to drink it.
By following these simple steps of storing your moonshine correctly, there should be nothing standing between you and a happy evening sipping pearly white liquor under the stars! Can I freeze moonshine? Does Moonshine Freeze? It is possible to freeze moonshine. Bottles of moonshine can freeze at a temperature of -235 °F, which is lower than the temperature of a regular freezer.
Moonshine typically has an alcohol content of approximately 40%, necessitating a frigid environment to allow it to freeze completely. Does Moonshine Have to be Refrigerated? Moonshine is an especially strong spirit, traditionally made from corn mash or other grains and sugar.
These spirits don’t necessarily need to be refrigerated, although it can help extend the shelf life of a flavored version that has already been opened. Refrigeration helps slow down the oxidation process and reduce the risk of sugars spoiling too quickly. Of course, most people will want to save refrigerator space for their more essential food items.
Unopened flavored moonshines can still last many years without the need for refrigeration. For this reason, a fridge is only truly necessary if you’ve already opened your drink; otherwise, traditional storage methods are perfectly adequate. In any case, making sure your moonshine is stored in dark cool conditions – whether that’s in the refrigerator or not – is always a good idea to ensure its quality remains as best as possible over time.
- How To Store Moonshine So It Lasts Properly storing moonshine is a critical step to ensuring its quality and flavor.
- To keep it in its best state, store it in a cold, dark place away from direct sunlight.
- Light and heat can diminish the flavor of the liquor.
- Specific storage containers should also be used, such as tiny bottles or glass vessels so as to reduce air exposure that could lead to oxidation: a process where oxygen reduces the atomic makeup of alcohol.
While traditional moonshine was stored in wooden barrels for long-term storage, modern manufacturers are using glass jars when commercially selling the product. However, it is important to note that flavored moonshines may be more prone to bacterial growth compared to standard moonshine due to their absence of additives and sugar concentration levels.
- As such, these products should be consumed much sooner than unflavored versions.
- Taking all steps for proper storage of moonshine will help ensure that it retains its distinctive characteristics and flavor for years after it has been stored safely.
- Eep Your Moonshine Stock Fresh – Buy Tennessee Shine Co That’s all there is to it — as long as you’ve stored your bottle of genuine moonshine properly and purchased it from a reputable seller, its shelf life is unbounded.
If you’re an enthusiast living in Pigeon Forge, Wears Valley, Sevierville, or Gatlinburg and likes to keep an ample supply of your preferred alcoholic beverage on hand, look no further than Tennessee Shine Co. Our company offers several moonshine varieties, boasting sophisticated flavors linked to recipes handed down through generations.
How much alcohol is in moonshine cherry?
Very strong. Tastes like cough syrup. These are scary. So they are 50% alcohol 100 proof.
How do you enjoy moonshine?
When many people hear the word “moonshine,” they think of someone making alcohol in the backwoods countryside of the United States. This image comes from the fact that many people made moonshine during the Prohibition era, which lasted from 1920 until 1933.
The name refers to the act of people making moonshine under the light of the moon. We don’t know about y’all, but 13 years is a long time to go without drinking alcohol. That’s why so many people took matters into their own hands. Of course, not everybody was skilled at correctly making moonshine, which unfortunately led to some health risks and consequences.
But that’s all in the past. Today, moonshine is brewed the right way (i.e., the legal way ) in distilleries like Tennessee Shine Co. Moonshine is an unaged whiskey that can be enjoyed immediately instead of requiring it to spend years sitting in a barrel.
- If you’re new to the concept of moonshine or are just looking for some new ways to enjoy a classic beverage, you’re in the right place.
- How Do I Drink Moonshine? We’ve gotta be honest, honey; you don’t want to drink straight moonshine.
- That’s because straight moonshine is hard to swallow.
- Literally, by itself, moonshine has an earthy flavor that burns going down.
Remember, its original intent wasn’t to be part of some fancy cocktail but rather to help people get drunk. As a more sophisticated drinker, you’re gonna want to mix your moonshine with something. In addition to making it taste better, adding a mixer will also keep the overall alcohol content down.
- That way, you can have more than one drink without feeling the world start to spin around you.
- Common Moonshine Mixers Here are the most common things people use to mix moonshine with.
- Feel free to get creative! Remember that moonshine is a whiskey, so anything that pairs well with whiskey will also pair well with moonshine.
Coke If you like whiskey and coke, you’ll love moonshine and coke. This classic combination can be a good starting point for the novice moonshine drinker. Ginger ale If you want to get more of the earthy taste of moonshine in your cocktail, try pairing it with ginger ale ( not ginger beer ).
Sweet ginger ale can make moonshine go down smoother and is a good starting point for those new to drinking moonshine. Grapefruit juice As one of the unsung heroes of mixers, grapefruit juice pairs nicely with moonshine, the earthy undertones of moonshine combined with a crisp and delicious grapefruit flavor make for a delightfully refreshing cocktail on a hot summer Tennessee afternoon.
Lemonade Go half-and-half with lemonade and moonshine, and add some ice to get a nice, cool beverage to enjoy at a cookout or your next family event. ( Psst: nobody has to know.) Sweet vermouth This is the perfect pairing for those who drink Manhattans because they love the taste of alcohol.
- You can use the classic two-to-one ratio of moonshine to vermouth or make it an even 50-50 split.
- Add some ice to dilute the flavors, and throw in a maraschino cherry for good measure.
- Or, even better, use maraschino cherry-flavored moonshine to create a “Moonshine Manhattan.” Beer Liven up your lager by adding a shot of moonshine to the bottom of a pint glass.
If you’re feeling adventurous, use flavored moonshine, like blackberry moonshine, Best Moonshine Chasers For bold drinkers who want to experience a moonshine burn, it is possible to drink moonshine as a shot. Make sure to have one of these chasers on hand to take immediately after drinking straight moonshine.
Pickle juice The saltiness of pickle juice will help combat the strong taste of whiskey. If you don’t have pickle juice nearby, take a bite out of a fresh pickle. Water When in doubt, you can always chase with water. It’s a good idea to drink a glass of water in between moonshine shots or mixed moonshine beverages to make sure you’re staying hydrated.
Ready to Try Moonshine? Whether you’re new to moonshine or looking for some new ways to enjoy a traditional beverage, we have all the information you need here at Tennessee Shine Co. We’d love for y’all to stop in and see us! Pick up one of our delicious moonshine combinations that you can enjoy if you have a sweet tooth or are looking for an adventurous cocktail to enjoy on your next weekend outing.
How potent are moonshine cherries?
These are scary. So they are 50% alcohol 100 proof.
What does moonshine taste good with?
WHAT ARE THE BEST THINGS TO MIX WITH MOONSHINE? Invented during Prohibition, Tennessee moonshine has gone through many transformations over the past 100 years. This historic drink is made with corn, barley, and wheat, creating a powerful spirit similar to whiskey.
- So, what’s the best way to serve moonshine? While you’re welcome to drink it straight, there are plenty of great mixers to add.
- In fact, people have been drinking mixed moonshine drinks since the 1920s.
- COMMON MOONSHINE MIXERS Cocktails have existed as far back as the 1860s, born from bartenders’ ingenuity and fondness for flair.
During Prohibition, mixers were often used to mask the taste of bootleg liquor, as illegal spirits weren’t made with flavor in mind. Today, cocktails and mixers are a way to enhance alcohol, and there are many fun recipes. If you want to try a Tennessee moonshine mixed drink, here are our top mixer suggestions.
- GRAPEFRUIT JUICE Grapefruit juice is a popular choice for cocktails, and moonshine drinks are no exception.
- This unique citrus has just the right amount of bitterness to complement this Tennessee liquor and enough brightness to cut through.
- ICED TEA What’s better on a hot day than a glass of iced tea? If you’re interested in delicious summer sips with just a hint of burn, you can add a shot or two of moonshine to your favorite iced tea.
Just keep in mind that with something this tasty, it’s easy to drink more than you intend, so try to keep the ratio to one part liquor, three parts tea. SWEET VERMOUTH Folks who love Manhattens are sure to enjoy adding sweet vermouth to their moonshine.
- You can try a 50/50 ratio if you want a less sweet drink or stick to the traditional two parts moonshine to one-part sweet vermouth for a rich beverage.
- LEMONADE If you love a good tart lemonade but want more of a kick, then you need to try moonshine lemonade.
- Like iced tea, it makes a great summer drink but balances sweetness with sourness.
This mix makes a fantastic beverage for a casual get-together on a hot day. BEER Are you a big fan of beer but want something a little stronger from time to time? Moonshine is the perfect addition to any light ale. All you need is one shot to pump up the intensity of your favorite brew.
- ORANGE JUICE If you like sweet citrus, orange juice is an excellent substitute for grapefruit.
- When added to moonshine, you get a bright, more vibrant beverage perfect for brunch.
- COKE Whiskey and coke is a classic, and since moonshine has many of the same elements as whiskey, it’s a great substitute.
If you want a beverage that’s equal parts sweet and strong, then whip up a moonshine and coke. GINGER ALE Another traditional mixer is ginger ale, a strong choice that cuts down the bite of alcohol. Whether you’re trying moonshine for the first time or just prefer sweeter drinks, you can’t go wrong with ginger ale.
MIXED MOONSHINE DRINKS FOR PARTIES AND GATHERINGS Moonshine drinks are an excellent option for parties, as they’re strong, diverse, and sport some fun names. If you’re looking for innovative cocktails for your next get-together, here are our top recommendations. MOONSHINE AND STRAWBERRY JAM COCKTAIL If you have a sweet tooth, you should try adding jam to your cocktails.
Strawberry jam is the perfect amount of sweetness for a moonshine mixed drink, and it adds gorgeous red color to boot. To make a moonshine and strawberry jam cocktail, you’ll need the following:
Club soda 2-shots of your favorite Tennessee Shine Co. moonshine 2-tablespoons of lemon juice 2-tablespoons of strawberry jam
Take your lemon juice, moonshine, and strawberry jam, and put them in a shaker. Stir or shake until completely smooth. Then, pour into glasses and top with club soda. This recipe makes two glasses, so it’s perfect for a date. MOONSHINE SALTY DOG Usually made with gin or vodka, the Salty Dog is typically bitter and a little tart.
Strawberries Crushed ice Kosher or pink Himalayan salt ⅓-cup of your favorite Tennessee Shine Co. moonshine ⅔-cup strawberry juice ⅔-cup grapefruit juice
To start, line the rim with salt. Then, add ice to the glass. Next, pour the grapefruit juice, strawberry juice, and moonshine into a shaker filled with ice. Shake until mixed, then pour into your prepared glass. Slice a strawberry halfway to the top and use it as garnish.
¾-ounce peach schnapps 1-½-ounces orange juice 1-½-ounces cranberry juice 2-ounces of your favorite Tennessee Shine Co. moonshine
Pour your ingredients into an ice-filled glass and stir. If you’re feeling fancy, add an orange slice to the rim as garnish. PEACH COBBLER MOONSHINE If you love peach cobbler as much as we do, then you’ll adore this dessert-inspired cocktail, To mix up this beverage, you need these ingredients:
½-cup peach schnapps ¾-cup of your favorite Tennessee Shine Co. moonshine 3-cinnamon sticks 4-fresh peaches 1-cup brown sugar 64-ounces white grape peach juice
Put the cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, and peaches in a pot and bring to a boil. Cook for three to four minutes, then allow to cool. Next, add the peach schnapps and moonshine. Strain out the peaches and cinnamon sticks, then serve over ice. DREAMSICLE MOONSHINE This rich orange drink has a lot of unique ingredients, but hear us out.
1-gallon orange juice 2-cups sugar 4-teaspoons vanilla extract ½-cup powdered vanilla coffee creamer 3-cups of your favorite Tennessee Shine Co. moonshine
Boil the orange juice in a large pot. Add the coffee creamer, vanilla extract, and sugar, then stir. Allow to cool, then add moonshine. If you want a mellower taste, store for a few days before serving. Tennessee Shine Co. uses an old family recipe to create top-tier Tennessee moonshine.
Why do you soak cherries in water?
While the water may not clean produce quite as well as a white vinegar or baking soda bath, it will knock out the majority of pesticides and microbes and make your cherries safe to eat.
What do you use moonshine for?
5 Surprising Uses For Moonshine Most people create their own moonshine for the sole purpose of drinking it. After all, there’s nothing that compares to the sweet, rich flavor of apple pie moonshine. But there are other uses for moonshine that shouldn’t go unnoticed.
- While you may already know some of them, there are others which may surprise you #1 – Lighter Fluid Looking to start your charcoal grill but don’t have any lighter fluid on hand? Rather than tossing toxic gasoline over the coals, try squiring some moonshine on it.
- Moonshine is a highly flammable substance that works incredibly well as a source of fuel.
And since it’s made using all-natural ingredients, you don’t have to worry about tainting your food with harsh chemicals #2 – Cleaning Agent Of course, moonshine is also a safe, powerful cleaning agent. Whether it’s the shower, kitchen counter, tile or outdoor furniture, moonshine is the perfect all-natural cleaning agent.
- Simply spray some of your moonshine on a dirty surface and scrub it off with a basic dish sponge.
- The high alcohol content will instantly kill 99% of germs and bacteria it comes into contact with, leaving behind a fresh, clean surface.
- 3 – Mouthwash Yep, people have used moonshine to rinse their mouths for over a hundred years.
As long as the taste doesn’t bother you (some people enjoy it), moonshine is an effective mouthwash that’s guaranteed to kill off any bad germs lingering inside your mouth. It’s recommended that you gargle about a 1/3 cup of the shine for 20-30 seconds before spitting it out.
- Doing so will result in a fresh, clean taste while killing bad germs and reducing the chance of halitosis (bad breath).
- 4 – Antifreeze Since moonshine never freezes, you can use it as an ‘antifreeze’ substance for certain tasks.
- For instance, outdoor generators running throughout the cold days of winter may require a bit of antifreeze to keep from icing up.
Opting for moonshine rather than actual antifreeze will work just well if not better. Unlike mechanical antifreeze products, moonshine is completely natural and won’t cause damage to the environment or soil. This alone is reason enough why you should use moonshine for antifreeze.
#5 – Drinking! Okay, this last use isn’t really surprising. Moonshine has long been a favorite beverage due to its strong bite and versatile flavor. Once you learn the ropes of making moonshine, you can modify the recipe according to your preference. Be sure to read through some of our previous blog posts for tips and tricks on how to make moonshine.
: 5 Surprising Uses For Moonshine
What do you use cocktail cherries for?
From Manhattans to boozy milkshakes, many drinks are made more enticing by the addition of a simple preserved cherry garnish. Cocktail cherries vary widely by type of cherry used, how it’s preserved and whether it’s spiked with brandy or other spirits. All these things play into building the iconic cocktail cherry.
Can fruit mold in alcohol?
How long should I infuse liquor? – Again, this really depends on the ingredients/type of liquor. For something like strawberry infused vodka, you can leave it to infuse for up to a week. In fact, the longer you infuse it, the better it will taste! Last year when we made it for the wedding, we ended up leaving it for about a week and it smelled more like syrup than vodka. So good! For something like jalapeño infused tequila, however, less than 24 hours will do the trick. In fact, if you’re heat-sensitive, 10-12 hours is plenty. We use this same rule of thumb for infusions made with lots of herbs or spices. If you’re not sure, open the jar after 24-48 hours and give it a smell.
- If it’s very fragrant from the infusion, it’s probably good to go.
- If not, let it infuse for another day or two and check again.
- As a general rule of thumb, 3-5 days is the perfect amount for most infusions.
- And don’t worry – even if you’re using fresh fruit, you don’t have to worry about anything going bad.
The alcohol prevents any mold from growing on the fruit, so even after you strain it, you can keep it for years.
Can you get food poisoning from moonshine?
Bacteria Levels – Sanitation practices have a tremendous bearing on the quality of drink that comes out of a moonshine distillery. The vats used during the fermentation process must be sterilized on a regular basis or else harmful bacteria will grow inside the vats.
- These bacteria can become a source of added methanol that makes its way into the finished product.
- Another way harmful bacteria can show up in the fermentation process has to do with unforeseen temperature or environmental changes.
- Changing temperatures can cause foreign bacteria to grow, which becomes another source of methanol.
These dangerous bacteria may also produce the toxin that causes botulism, a type of food poisoning. When the process isn’t monitored correctly, a potentially good batch of moonshine can turn deadly.
Can you freeze moonshine cherries?
Common Questions About Moonshine Cherries – HOW DO I STORE MOONSHINE CHERRIES? Can store the remaining cherry moonshine in the refrigerator until ready to use. WHAT IS MOONSHINE? The alcoholic beverage got its name by it being made by the light of the moon to avoid the illegality of making it and to avoid being taxed for it.
Do cherries soaked in alcohol go bad?
- The bourbon-soaked cherries will keep for several months if stored properly in the refrigerator. The longer they soak, the more the flavors will meld together.
- Remember to enjoy bourbon-soaked cherries responsibly, as they do contain alcohol.
- The good news is that these cherries can last several months or even a year if stored properly. However, it’s essential to remember that the cherries will continue to age and change in flavor over time, so it’s best to consume them within the first few months for optimal taste.
- Keep your soaked cherries in an airtight container in the fridge to store them. This will help preserve their flavor and prevent any spoilage. If you notice any signs of mold or an off odor, it’s best to discard them immediately.
- Another important note is that the alcohol in the bourbon will also act as a preservative, helping to keep the cherries fresh for longer. So, to make a large batch of bourbon-soaked cherries, consider using a higher-proof bourbon for maximum preservation.
Do cherries in alcohol need to be refrigerated?
These cherries can be enjoyed at room temperature as well, allowing them to sit at room temperature for a few hours will be fine, but if you prepped them in advance or are saving leftovers, I would suggest refrigerating them.
Should I refrigerate moonshine cherries after opening?
Does Moonshine Need to be Refrigerated? How to Store Moonshine After Opening The smooth taste of the infamous moonshine liquor is deliciously mouthwatering. But unless you want to enjoy your entire batch of moonshine right away, you will need to store it properly to enjoy later.
But you may be wondering if ‘moonshine can spoil or ruin.’ Fortunately, your moonshine will not go bad if you store it properly. So how do you store moonshine properly? Types of Moonshine: Plain and Flavored Moonshine The clear, unaged whiskey can either be plain or flavored. These two main types have slight differences in content; thus, you can store them for the same amount of time.
Standard or plain moonshine has no extra sugars and flavor additives. Therefore, it is shelf-stable and can last longer than flavored moonshine. The added flavor and extra sugars in flavored moonshine make it more sensitive to expire once exposed to air.
But whether your moonshine is plain or has flavors and extra sugars, it can still last for several years, provided you store it properly. Should you refrigerate moonshine You don’t have to refrigerate your moonshine, but you must keep it at a temperature-controlled location. Room temperatures can allow the decomposition of heavier oils and alcohols and the mellowing of the flavor over time.
However, you should not store your moonshine at room temperatures if you live in areas with sharp temperature changes. Harsh temperatures can ruin its flavor. So, you can store the beverage in a freezer or fridge. You don’t have to worry about freezing since the high-alcohol content prevents freezing unless temperatures drop to,
What is Moonshine? Glass vs. Plastic Containers If you want your moonshine to last, you should store it in a glass container. Although plastic containers are cheaper, they have several disadvantages, such as accidentally melting when placed near a heat source. Today’s plastic containers are substantial, and moonshine won’t burn through the material, but an open flame or heat source will.
Besides, plastic containers can introduce a vinyl-like flavor and aroma to your moonshine. Glass containers remain the best option for moonshine storage in the long term. Your favorite beverage will retain its pure flavor, and there won’t be even the slightest change in taste after storing for months or years.
- The glass options include spirit bottles, glass liquor bottles, or moonshine bottles.
- A glass bottle manufactured specifically for moonshine is best, but practically any glass container with a sealable top is okay.
- You can even use a Mason jar.
- Storing Plain Moonshine It would be best if you did not expose your moonshine to direct sunlight.
Even when you are using a glass container, direct sunlight is still harmful as it can cook the contents of your beverage and cause it to spoil faster. Generally, exposing your moonshine to the sun for a long time has a similar impact to storing it at high temperatures, which speeds up the oxidation process.
Ensure you keep your moonshine in a cool, dark, and dry environment where there is little-to-no sun exposure. Keeping your container air-tight is among the most crucial parts of storing your moonshine. Contact with oxygen can start the, whereby the chemical composition of the alcohol begins to change.
Oxidation will change your moonshine’s flavor and make it less smooth. If your moonshine’s taste changes due to oxidation, that does not necessarily mean that it has gone bad. But you probably want to maintain the flavor for as long as possible and, therefore, should keep your moonshine storage containers air-tight.
- Storing Flavored Moonshine Storing opened flavored moonshine in the refrigerator prolongs its shelf life.
- The refrigerator temperatures slow down when the sugars and added flavors go bad.
- Unopened flavored moonshine can last for years, un-refrigerated and away from sunlight.
- Like plain moonshine, flavored moonshine is best enjoyed while stored in a glass bottle.
However, once opened, flavored moonshine only lasts 3-6 months in the refrigerator. Buy Moonshine Online We have looked at how important it’s to store your moonshine properly and ways you can do it. However, there’s another important thing—purchasing moonshine from a reputable manufacturer.
- You should find a manufacturer who distills, seals, and proofs the beverage using the highest industry standards.
- At, we are known for manufacturing premium moonshine in the country.
- You can find your favorite beverage in our four locations, including Pigeon Forge, Wears Valley, Sevierville, and Gatlinburg.
Now, you can also buy our premium moonshine online!, and we’ll fix your moonshine cravings in the comfort of your home. Image: on Shutterstock : Does Moonshine Need to be Refrigerated? How to Store Moonshine After Opening
Do cherries in alcohol need to be refrigerated?
These cherries can be enjoyed at room temperature as well, allowing them to sit at room temperature for a few hours will be fine, but if you prepped them in advance or are saving leftovers, I would suggest refrigerating them.
Do cocktail cherries need refrigeration?
In this case, we’re erring on the side of food safety: Once opened, we recommend tightly sealing jars of cocktail cherries and storing them in the fridge.
Can cherries be left unrefrigerated?
What’s the Right Way to Store Cherries? – While it may be tempting to display a beautiful bowl of cherries on a countertop (or in another photo-worthy spot), that is the worst way keep these precious fruits fresh. At room temperature, cherries deteriorate quickly: They will remain plump for just a couple of days before losing their sheen and turning flaccid.
- Instead, keep the cherries in the refrigerator.
- They are curiously impervious to being stored uncovered, so you do not have to wrap or seal them—in fact, if you do keep cherries tightly sealed, moisture will accumulate and this will hasten their demise.
- If a bowl is unwieldy in your refrigerator, store the cherries in an uncovered and more ergonomic container in a crisper drawer,
An open bag will also work just fine. Whatever you do, don’t place anything else on top of them: These beauties need to breathe. Kept uncovered and dry, cold cherries will keep fresh for at least a week, and sometimes much longer.