Modelo Especial Lager Mexican Beer 4.4% ABV Bottle – 24 Fl. Oz. – Randalls.
- 1 How strong is Modelo beer?
- 2 What is the highest alcohol content in Modelo?
- 3 Is Modelo alcohol good?
- 4 How healthy is Modelo beer?
- 5 What percent alcohol is Heineken?
- 6 What percent is Stella Artois?
- 7 Is Modelo made in Germany?
- 8 Which beer is good for health?
- 9 How many Modelo beers to get drunk?
How strong is Modelo beer?
Modelo Especial beers are qualified as lager-style brews, which are typically less alcoholic than those made in the ale style. Following that pattern, a 12-ounce bottle of Modelo Especial contains just 4.4% ABV.
What is the highest alcohol content in Modelo?
How Much Alcohol Does Modelo Mexican Beer Contain? – Modelo has an alcohol content of 3.2% to 5.4% ABV, depending on the variation. It’s actually the same as other regular beer brands like Corona, Bud Light, Dos Equis, and more.
Is Modelo alcohol good?
Modelo is almost 100 years old. – Modelo might be the perfect casual and easy-drinking beer, ideal for things like barbecues, game days, and tacos with friends, but it’s actually a venerated elder among beers. Modelo Especial was first brewed in a northwestern part of Mexico City called Tacuba all the way back in October 1925. By Halloween 2022, the brand will have been around for 97 years.
What percent alcohol is Corona?
Corona Extra Lager Mexican Beer 4.6% ABV Bottle – 24 Fl. Oz. – Vons.
How many Modelo beers to get drunk?
Final Thoughts – Generally, an average-sized man will need four to five beers to get drunk, while an average-sized woman will need two to four beers. The alcohol absorption and body reaction to alcohol vary depending on the weight and height of a person.
Is Modelo a light beer?
Modelo Oro, The Gold Standard of Light Beer, Launches Nationwide Modelo targets the $4.5B high-end light beer category as part of its efforts to reach new drinkers and become the No.1 beer in the country CHICAGO, May 9, 2023 – Modelo, the No.2 top-selling beer brand in the U.S.*, announced today the national launch of its latest product innovation – Modelo Oro.
Filling a void in the high-end light beer category, Modelo Oro is a time-crafted cerveza that seals in the golden flavor of Modelo to deliver an exceptionally smooth, elevated light beer with a crisp, clean finish that is worthy of the name “gold.” “People are increasingly reaching for high-end, premium light beer offerings,” said Greg Gallagher, Vice President of Brand Marketing, Modelo.
“After a successful regional launch in which two-thirds of buyers were new to the Modelo brand**, we’re confident that offering Modelo Oro across the country as the new gold standard for light beer will help us build authentic connections with new drinkers.” Brewed for those looking for a light option without sacrificing the traditional Modelo flavor they know and love, Modelo Oro is available nationally in 12 ounce 12-packs and 24 ounce single-serve cans.
Each 12-ounce serving of Modelo Oro is primed for premium sessionability with 90 calories, 3g carbs and 4.0% ABV.*** “Successfully meeting changing consumer preferences while maintaining the authenticity and quality are the hallmarks that built the Modelo brand and helped the Casa Modelo family surpass the 200 million cases mark in sales in 2022,” said Gallagher.
“With our innovations and continued growth in Modelo Especial, becoming the No.1 beer brand in the country is completely within reach.”
- For more information on Modelo Oro and other Casa Modelo products, visit,
- *IRI Total MULO + C L52 w/e 1/1/23
- ** Custom IRI incrementality study covering March – August 2022
- ***0.7g protein, 0g fat per 12oz
- ABOUT MODELO®
Born in 1925 in the small town of Tacuba, Mexico, Modelo has been bringing distinctive high-quality beer to those with the Fighting Spirit ever since, including Modelo Especial®, Modelo Negra®, Modelo Chelada Especial™, and a flavorful lineup of Modelo Cheladas™.
- Modelo Especial is a golden, full-flavored Pilsner-style lager with a clean, crisp finish.
- As the #1 imported beer in the U.S., Modelo Especial recently surpassed 175MM cases sold in 2022 and became the #2 beer brand in the category.
- The Modelo family of beers are exclusively brewed in Mexico and imported and marketed for the U.S.
by Constellations Brands.
- Media Contact:
- Stephanie McGuane
: Modelo Oro, The Gold Standard of Light Beer, Launches Nationwide
How healthy is Modelo beer?
KEY FACTS – (learn about health benefits or risks)
Has low calorie density – this means that the amount of calories you are getting from an ounce is low (0.01 cal/oz). Rich in vitamins and minerals (6.4%/cal) – a good source of Manganese. Contains a low amount of risky components that may include saturated fat and sodium (0%/oz). This item has no fiber content (0% of DV/100g).
What is the most popular beer in Mexico?
Breweries and brands – A Grupo Modelo distribution center in the state of, In Mexico, beer is primarily produced by two large conglomerates, Cervecería Modelo/ and Cervecería Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma/FEMSA. Cervecería Modelo was founded in 1925 in Mexico City, with its first two brands, Modelo and, exporting eight million bottles a year to various countries.
- First exports to the United States were realized as early as 1933.
- The first of the company’s many acquisitions was the Cervecería Toluca y México, absorbing its and Pilsener brands in 1935.
- Modelo continued buying smaller local breweries in various parts of the country, absorbing most of the brands produced and making many of them available nationwide.
Starting in the 1980s, the enterprise began new businesses, such as INAMEX, which produces malt, which led to the name change to Grupo Modelo. During the same period, the company began exports of Corona beer to the United States, becoming the second most imbibed imported beer there by 1986.
Exports to other countries followed, and Corona became the number one premium imported beer in the United States in 1997. Half of Grupo Modelo’s stock is owned by Anheuser Busch. The beer-brewing division of FEMSA was created when this entity bought, which itself was created when Cervecería Cuauhtémoc bought Cervecería Moctezuma.
Cervecería Cuauhtémoc was founded in 1890 by Issac Garza, José Muguerza, Joseph M. Schnaider and Francisco Sada, selling their first beer, Carta Blanca. Cervecería Cuauhtémoc grew in size in Monterrey, and like Cervecería Modelo, went national as it began to buy smaller breweries in other parts of the country, absorbing many of the local brands and making them available nationally.
The biggest acquisition was that of Cervecería Moctezuma in Orizaba in the 1980s. Cervecería Moctezuma started out as the Cervecería Guillermo Hasse y Compañia in 1893, and eventually changed its name to Cervecería Moctezuma. It was a major producer of beer since the early 20th century, and was one of the largest brewing companies in the world with the merger of the two, but the new company controls over twelve brand names.
FEMSA bought the combined breweries to add to its other businesses, such as bottling and packaging enterprises. Noche Buena. Montejo. FEMSA’s brands today include Tecate, Sol, Dos Equis, Carta Blanca, Superior, Indio, and Bohemia. Grupo Modelo’s brands include Corona, Corona Light, Negra Modelo, Modelo Especial, Victoria, Estrella, Léon, Montejo, and Pacifico.
Most of these beers are lagers brewed in large industrial plants, and made with minimal malt. Except for some dark beers, such as Dos Equis Ambar, León Negra, Negra Modelo, and Noche Buena, which are Vienna-style beers, almost all beer produced in Mexico is, Beers with top fermentation had been produced in Mexico.
The Cervecería Toluca was founded in 1865 by a Swiss especially to produce this type of beer, but the introduction of Bohemian-style beers through the giant brewery Cuauhtémoc would define Mexican beer as pilsner. Corona. Dos Equis (XX). Pacífico. Globally, one of the best known Mexican beers is Corona, which is the flagship beer of Grupo Modelo.
Corona is the best-selling beer produced by Mexico, and the best-selling non-domestic beer in both the U.S., U.K and Australia. It is one of the five most-consumed beers in the world, available in more than 150 countries. It is a, and was created in 1925 to celebrate Cervecería Modelo’s tenth anniversary.
Corona is light straw in color and has a very mild flavor, with little hop bitterness and 4.6% alcohol by volume. It is produced by eight facilities with a total of 4.6 billion litres per year capacity. Corona beer is available in a variety of bottled presentations, ranging from the 250-ml ampolleta (labeled Coronita and just referred as the cuartito (little quarter)) up to the 940-ml Corona Familiar (known as the caguama (sea turtle) or ballena (whale)).
Unlike most beers, Corona is bottled in a clear bottle, increasing the opportunity for spoilage from sunlight, which can affect the hop oils in the beer. A draught version also exists, as does canned Corona in some markets. The Corona brand trademark in the United States was initially owned by ‘s Cerveceria Corona, which eventually sold the trademark rights to Cerveceria Modelo.
The oldest and most traditional pilsner in Mexico is Bohemia, which has a significant hops flavor and is quite dense given its clarity. Bohemia has reached the respected distinction of being one of the finest beers of the world. The name comes from the region in the that is known for beer.
- It is one of the longest-aged products from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc, and is the only one to use Lepa Styrian,
- There is a dark version of this brand, which is a Vienna-style beer.
- In 2009, the company introduced a called Bohemia Weizen made with wheat, Mount Hood hops, coriander and orange peel.
- It is the first wheat beer to be produced by a major beer company in Mexico.
Dos Equis was first brewed in Mexico by the German brewer Wilhelm Hasse in 1897. The original name of the beer was “Siglo XX” (20th Century) with the double X standing for the number 20, and it commemorated the arrival of that century; the moniker “Dos Equis” (Double X) was originally just a nickname, but it became widely known by said nickname, as a result the “Siglo XX” name was dropped in favor of “Dos Equis” The original version is the Dos Equis Ambar, a Vienna-style dark beer.
- This was Cervecería Moctezuma’s best selling beer in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Demand for the beer has resurged, especially in the United States, where it is now the best-selling imported dark beer.
- The clear version of this brand is a lager derived from the Ambar.
- Sol was introduced in the 1890s as El Sol.
The name (Spanish for The Sun or Sun ) came from a ray of sunshine that fell on a pot while preparing the mash. After being off the market for many years, this brand was reintroduced in 1993, and is now exported to many countries in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- It is a very light-coloured beer with little hops flavour, and considered to be a beer for the young people and the working class.
- Sol is known for its sexy advertising.
- Sol comes in a number of varieties.
- Sol 2 is a stronger flavored beer, Sol limón and sal have lime and salt flavors already added, and there is a Sol Cero, a nonalcoholic beer in regular and lime and salt versions.
Tecate was originally brewed by Cervecería Tecate, and is named after the city of Tecate, Baja California. The local brewery there was bought by Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma in 1955. It was the first beer to be canned for retail sales in Mexico, with Tecate Light launched in Mexico in 1992.
- Tecate is one of the best-known brands in Mexico due to its patronage and sponsorship of Mexican sports teams and sporting events.
- Noche Buena (literally Good Night, referring to as the good night) is generally only available around Christmas.
- Many people wait for this beer’s availability each year between the months of October and December.
Noche Buena is a strong-flavored, dark beer named after the poinsettia plant or noche buena in Spanish, which decorates the beer’s bottles and cartons. Carta Blanca was Cervecería Cuauhtémoc’s first premium beer, first marketed in 1890, and is technically a pilsner.
- The name means “white card” in Spanish, which at the time was given to people as a sign of respect.
- Carta Blanca was successful when it debuted at Chicago’s Columbian Expo of 1893.
- Since then, the beer has won a number of other awards.
- Negra Modelo is one of Cervecería Modelo’s original beers, and was first sold as a draft in 1926.
While it has been classed as a Vienna-style beer, the company’s website now classifies it as a Munich dunkel (dark)., a Mexican pilsner beer originally brewed in, Sinaloa, is named after the Pacific Ocean. The picture on the bottles and cans is the Deer Islands located off the coast of Mazatlán surrounded by a lifesaver.
Pacífico is Modelo’s best-selling beer in northwest Mexico, and it is exported to the southwest U.S. A light version of this beer was launched in 2008. Estrella (Star) was originally brewed by Cervecería Estrella of Guadalajara at the end of the 19th century. This brewery was bought by Grupo Modelo in 1954.
The beer is still brewed only in Guadalajara and is a regional brand, mostly sold in Jalisco state and other areas in western Mexico. Michelada and Indio beer. Indio was originally named by Cervecería Cuauhtémoc. However, consumers soon began to refer to it as “Indian” for the image of an Indian on what was originally a clay bottle, now glass.
The beer still has an image of Cuauhtémoc on the label. Modelo Especial is Grupo Modelo’s second brand after Corona, and was first brewed in 1925. It is a pilsner-style beer that is available in both bottle and cans since 1966. It is second in popularity in Mexico and the company’s third best seller in the USA.
A light version, called Modelo Light, has been available since 1994. Superior, made by Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, was, as the name suggests, originally brewed to be a premium beer. Recently, interest in this beer has reappeared, and it received a gold medal at the in Brussels, Belgium.
- The design of the label has not changed in the fifty years this brand has been available.
- Victoria was first brewed by Cervecería Toluca y México starting in 1865, but Modelo acquired the brand when they bought this company in 1935.
- It is sold in bottles, both the standard 325 ml and the large 950ml.
- The beer is a Vienna-style, but is an amber color and lighter than the other Vienna beers brewed in Mexico.
León, and Montejo brands were originally brewed in Mérida, Yucatán by the Cervecería Yucateca, which was bought by Modelo in 1979. León is a Munich-style dark beer, which was initially brewed at the beginning of the 20th century in the southeast of the country.
What is the most popular beer in Mexico City?
- 🍺 Order Corona from Total Wine
- Corona is the number one beer in Mexico
- Corona Extra is 4.5% ABV (alcohol by volume)
- Corona also makes Corona Light, Corona Familiar (Corona Lager), Corona Premier, Corona Seltzer and Coronita
Arguably one of the most famous Mexican beers out there, Corona is the best-selling Mexican beer in the world. It’s also the number one imported beer in all North America, including the United States and Canada. Corona Extra Mexican Lager is a light, refreshing pale lager.
What percent alcohol is Heineken?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Current export bottle|
|Country of origin||Netherlands|
|Introduced||1873 ; 150 years ago|
|Alcohol by volume||5.0%|
|Related products||Heineken Oud Bruin Heineken Premium Light Heineken Tarwebok|
Heineken Lager Beer ( Dutch : Heineken Pilsener ), or simply Heineken ( pronounced ), is a Dutch pale lager beer with 5% alcohol by volume produced by the Dutch brewing company Heineken N.V. Heineken beer is sold in a green bottle with a red star.
What percent is Stella Artois?
Type: Lager/pilsnerABV: 4.8% Origin: Leuven, BelgiumOverall impression: Light sweetness with a pronounced dry hoppy finishBorn from 600 years of brewing tradition in the Belgian town of Leuven, achieving the distinctive taste of our Stella Artois lager is by no means simple.
How much alcohol is in a Budweiser?
What are the calorie count and alcohol content of Budweiser? – Budweiser has a delicate, crisp flavor with malty notes. Its iconic golden hue fills glasses all over the United States, and its recognizable cans fly off the shelves. Interestingly, Budweiser’s ingredients list includes rice along with malted barley, yeast, hops, and water. Giuliana Catachura – unsplash.com
Is Modelo made in Germany?
Our Review – When it comes to beer, it really doesn’t get much bigger than Grupo Modelo. As a member of the Constellation Brands family, the nearly century-old brewery is owned and distributed in the U.S. by the same parent company that owns Corona and Pacifico and holds the distinction of being one of the best-selling import products in the country.
But while its lighter lager cousin, Modelo Especial, may receive more attention and sales numbers, Negra Modelo is still widely beloved for being a richer, roastier beer that still manages to be incredibly drinkable. Although it’s brewed in Mexico, Negra Modelo is based on the German style of Munich dunkel.
Its darker color and richer set of flavors set it as an outlier for most Americans who are accustomed to shopping for light lagers or bright ales, even in the import section of the fridge. But as a mostly underrepresented category on the macro-beer market, Negra Modelo is also uniquely positioned to be a go-to dark lager for anyone who appreciates a malt-driven beer or is looking for a fantastic food accompaniment.
- Unlike other imports, this lager doesn’t have the coffee and espresso notes of dark ales like stout and also boasts a slightly fuller body.
- It’s also still relatively affordable at around $10 for a six-pack.
- And while it’s technically not low enough in alcohol content to be considered sessionable, it’s still a remarkably easy-drinking beer thanks to its well-balanced maltiness, soft carbonation, and smooth finish.
In that regard, it seems like a steal for the price. Dark beers are usually sought out by those who know they like malt-driven flavors, but this well-balanced dunkel stands out for being a refreshing option in a wide variety of circumstances. The subtle hints of caramel might actually make it a better introduction to darker beers than some of the more popular dark imports on the market.
Why are people drinking Modelo?
How Modelo Especial became America’s No.1 beer amid Bud Light’s rapid decline It’s a fighter. Modelo Especial has officially become in the U.S., surpassing Bud Light among brews purchased at supermarkets and convenience stores. The fact that the Mexican import beat the embattled Bud Light may have come as a surprise to some.
But consumer experts say Bud Light’s demotion has long been in the making as a new, younger generation of beer drinkers topples well-established brands. And many of those young consumers are simply switching away from beer altogether. ” is a brand that was reliably shrinking in sales every single year for over a decade,” said Matthew Barry, insights manager at the market research company Euromonitor International.
Modelo, meanwhile, has seen exceptional sales growth for years, Barry said. One might assume Modelo’s ascension coincides with the rise of a Latin-centric, beer-drinking demographic. But Scott Scanlon, executive vice president of beverage alcohol at Circana, said that’s only part of the story, noting that Modelo “has transcended to become mainstream for quite some time.” Younger drinkers are now more inclined to seek out imports, even if the price point is higher, said Harry Schuhmacher, editor and publisher of the trade publication Beer Business Daily.
- Schuhmacher said that while Modelo’s taste may resemble that of other premium beers, including Bud Light, its image is fresher and less associated with previous generations of beer drinkers.
- Americans still prefer the light category: light color, light tasting,” Schuhmacher said.
- As Bud, Miller and Coors drinkers age out of the beer category altogether, he said, Modelo Especial has captured a larger market share.
“Even though it’s similar because people like that style, it ticks all the right boxes,” he added. In the past month, Modelo Especial sales have surged 14%. That surge coincides with a boycott of Bud Light in the wake of parent company AB InBev’s as a brand spokesperson, as well as comments made by a since-ousted marketing executive about transforming Bud Light’s “fratty” image.
Modelo has also been successful at tapping into sports marketing — especially mixed martial arts (MMA) and boxing, two of the fastest-growing sports categories in the country, Schuhmacher said. “If you project the pre-boycott sales trends into the future, Modelo was going to hit No.1 status in the U.S.
within a few years anyway,” said Barry, the industry manager at the Euromonitor International. As for Corona — another Mexican import whose brand, like Modelo, is owned by the Rochester, New York-based Constellation Brands — its audience is narrower, according to Schuhmacher.
AB InBev’s share price has finally rebounded after suffering an approximately 15% decline since the start of the Mulvaney controversy in April. Still, over the past five years, its share price has declined 40%. But rival Constellation Brands has not seen outsized performance during the same five-year period either, with shares climbing about 7%.
There’s some disagreement about the future of the beer category overall, as the decadelong craft beer frenzy fades. Barry believes any gains by Bud Light’s domestic rivals may prove short lived. “Once the exodus of Bud Light drinkers stops, they are going to find they are really in the same boat,” he said “How do you market these beers to younger generations without alienating your existing consumer base? That is going to be a really difficult needle to thread for them all in the coming years.” Scanlon, from the consumer insight company Circana, said beer sales will continue to underperform spirits, which now dominate the alcoholic beverage category.
What is America’s number 1 beer?
– Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=” Smerconish ” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> In war on Pride, corporations suffering wounds 09:19 – Source: CNN Top business news 16 videos – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=” Smerconish ” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> In war on Pride, corporations suffering wounds 09:19 Now playing – Source: CNN – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> Kid Rock declared a Bud Light boycott. Here’s what CNN saw at his bar 03:24 Now playing – Source: CNN – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=” Erin Burnett Out Front ” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> Debris from Elon Musk’s SpaceX launch scattered, raising environmental concerns 05:16 Now playing – Source: CNN – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> Consumers have ‘five times’ more clothes than they did in the 80s. This is the impact 03:09 Now playing – Source: CNN – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> The US has an empty office building problem. Here’s what landlords are doing about it 03:20 Now playing – Source: CNN – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> Why there’s a new bull market despite recession fears 01:44 Now playing – Source: CNN – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> Video: See Apple’s new $3,499 mixed reality headset 00:59 Now playing – Source: CNN – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> Gun shop owner explains decision to close his business 01:10 Now playing – Source: CNN – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> Target facing backlash following removal of merchandise ahead of Pride Month 01:50 Now playing – Source: CNN – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> ‘Jeopardy!’ fans in uproar after a single letter ends nine-day winning streak 01:03 Now playing – Source: CNN crackdown on users who share passwords in the United States. The streaming video company is trying to limit password sharing and gain new subscribers. CNN’s Senior Data Reporter Harry Enten breaks down the numbers.” data-duration=”01:59″ data-source-html=” – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> This is how much Netflix is charging to share your password 01:59 Now playing – Source: CNN ” data-duration=”00:40″ data-source-html=” – Source: CNN ” data-fave-thumbnails=”, “small”: }” data-vr-video=”” data-show-html=”” data-check-event-based-preview=”” data-network-id=”” data-details=””> See Adobe’s new art tool that gives images life-like effects 00:40 Now playing – Source: CNN
Which beer is good for health?
1) Heart-Friendly Beer – Beer has long been known to benefit heart health. In fact, a study from 2012 found that “moderate consumption of beer is associated with lower cardiovascular risk.” Researchers concluded that the natural antioxidants, known as phenols, found in many types of beer is behind the reason why heart function improved in the participants of the study.
- The highest phenol concentrations are available in brews like Yuengling Light Lager, Abita Purple Haze and Left Hand Good Juju.
- Yuengling provides full flavor while staying light on calories.
- A typical glass of Yuengling Light Lager contains approximately 99 calories, and still contains those healthy phenol benefits.
Additionally, Abita includes real raspberries to its brew, which reduces the bitter taste of some ales. The berries also add extra antioxidants to your drink, which one would presume adds to the amount of heart health benefits. Left Hand Good Juju is made with fresh ginger – a superfood that is good for the heart.
How many Modelo beers to get drunk?
Final Thoughts – Generally, an average-sized man will need four to five beers to get drunk, while an average-sized woman will need two to four beers. The alcohol absorption and body reaction to alcohol vary depending on the weight and height of a person.
What is the weakest beer?
The product recommendations in this post are recommendations by the writer and/or expert(s) interviewed and do not contain affiliate links. Meaning: If you use these links to buy something, we will not earn a commission. Americans drink a lot of beer, to the tune of about 28 gallons per person per year, according to Beer Info,
- And while microbreweries abound—and more are opening all the time—many beer drinkers tend to stick to their tried-and-true brews, whether they are actually tasty or not.
- BeerAdvocate, a peer-review platform that combines real-life ratings of almost every beer that’s ever popped up in the world, has a list of the worst beers in the world based on real-time ratings.
While the platform is generally used to rate craft beer and share rare finds, it’s no surprise that the slighted beer drinkers are as passionate about what they dislike as they are about what they like. We gathered the bottom 25 beers to see what people really think about these dubbed “worst beers in the world.” What’s interesting about this list is that it’s comprised of (mostly) big national brands that nearly everyone has a story about. Walmart Budweiser Select claims to have “the same great taste as Budweiser” with fewer calories and carbs—99 calories and 3.1 grams of carbs per 12 ounces. Most reviewers don’t seem to hate this beer, One writes, “This one’s got some noble hops in the nose, plus a little caramel. Keystone Ice is a beer that is brewed at below freezing to impart a smooth flavor at a higher alcohol level. As such, it is a popular beer at colleges and for relatively young drinkers. Sadly for those folks, it was one of the beers that Molson-Coors discontinued in 2021, Shutterstock Sleeman Clear is a low-carb beer brewed in Canada, and even though its low-carbohydrate count may be appealing to some, it still makes the list of worst beers in the world. The consensus with this beer seems to be that it doesn’t have much flavor but it is inoffensive. Based on the feedback, Red Dog appears to be another beer that is cheap and thus a foray into the world by young college students. Reviewers don’t have much good to say about it besides it being cheap and somewhat “beer-like.” “Better than a lot of ice beers. Walmart This beer needs no introduction. No one is expecting a dynamic craft beer experience from this ubiquitous light beer, and the reviews reflect that. “From a bottle, pours as a clear yellow with lots of carbonation and a thin white head. Adjunct aromas with corn. O’Doul’s is what many consider to be the original non-alcoholic beer. (Any beer that has 0.50% alcohol or less is considered to be non-alcoholic). Reviewers don’t love this beer, but they don’t hate it either. Essentially, it is what it is. However, there are now many better non-alcoholic brews out there if you’re looking for a tastier experience. Keystone is a cheap beer that really isn’t looking to win any awards. It gets low ratings and most reviewers note that it doesn’t taste like much. One said, “There’s both a metallic and hard water taste to this one that permeates the entire brew. It’s subdued though, but then again so are all the other flavours. Courtesy of First Choice Liquor Market Carlton Cold is a beer brewed by a subsidiary of the Foster’s group and it is not well-received. “It tastes rather bland, in fact there isn’t much to taste at all. Didn’t get any better towards the end,” one BeerAdvocate reviewer said. Shutterstock/John Mantell If you love Corona with a lime and you want to drink a light beer, this is the beer for you. One reviewer sums it up perfectly, “Let’s be honest here, this is one of the best LIGHT beers you can get, so don’t judge this beer off of the best pilsner you have had; judge it for what it is. This beer is another one of those beers that seems to disappear if you look too closely at it. Most reviews note its lightness and lack of flavor. One drinker referred to this beer as “clean. almost too clean. a basic staple. nothing past a simple beer.” Instacart This brew is what happens if Bud Light and a Bloody Mary had a baby. This beer is for people who love Micheladas, which is beer doctored up with Clamato or tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, and hot sauce. Not surprisingly, people who aren’t a fan of the combo don’t like this brew. Walmart This ultra-low-carb beer doesn’t have a lot going for it, and for some, that’s the point. It is easy to drink without being much of anything else. As for the taste, one reviewer sums it up, “Very watery, but not really in a bad way. Wet hay, corn flakes. Hint of sweetness. No bitterness.” RELATED: Michelob Ultra Is Debuting a First-of-Its-Kind Hard Seltzer Walmart This is a light beer that is also supremely light in color, reviewers note. This is a beer for a hot day and nothing more. Most reviewers note its complete lack of flavor like, this one that states, “It almost literally tastes like ice water. I know what the ingredients are, but when consumed ice cold, nothing really stands out at all.” The ice-style beer isn’t something you crack open at a party, it’s an affordable beer that serves a purpose. One reviewer describes it as “light and grainy, honestly it’s exactly what you’d expect. It’s sweet grainy malts with very faint bitterness. There’s not much to say, it’s just an inoffensive cheap ice lager.” Instacart The ice-style beers have their lovers and haters, but the reviews for this one are overall not kind. One was more diplomatic than the others, stating “This is certainly NOT good, but it’s honestly not as bad as I thought it could be. It’s not as skunky as it could be, with just very little flavor to it overall—a mild sweetness and a decent crispness on the back end is about all I get.” Bud Light isn’t just the most popular light beer in the U.S., it’s one of the most popular beers, period. But like anything at the top of its game, it has its detractors. Again, this is the type of beer that isn’t supposed the be flashy. It’s easy to drink without a lot to say. Instacart While the flavor of this light beer leaves most reviewers flat, the texture isn’t bad. One reviewer called it “almost champagne-like in a Miller High Life kinda way. Excellent carbonation retention all the way through, contributing to that clingy head. No slick oily finish, as you get with Busch or Keystone.” Courtesy Miller64 This beer has, you guessed it, 64 calories. Even though the calorie count is attractive to some, most reviews consider this beer extremely light to the point of almost tasting like a seltzer, and believe it deserves a spot as one of the worst beers in the world.
- Though, of course, there are some people that praise it for that quality.
- One reviewer called it “a shadow of traditional Miller.
- The nutty-like characteristic is present, but very diluted.” Another echoed that sentiment but ultimately found it to be disappointing, saying, “this is so light it’s barely beer.
Very light scent and taste, badly burned corn and maybe an ethereal kiss of hops, like you can tell they’re there but you’re not actually smelling or tasting them. This is a bust.” Melanie Brewery Co./ Facebook Somehow the light offering from this small brewery in Wisconsin got lumped in with the big dog breweries. The reviewers are funny, but not very kind. “Smell is of subtle grain, sugar, and metal,” one coherent review states. Some people love this ice beer for what it is rather than for what it is not. It’s a cheap, moderately-high alcohol beer that is best served very, very cold. One reviewer said the taste was “not nearly as terrible as I thought it would be.” And another added, “This beer is a winner for what it is. multinational budget strong lager.” Most of the reviews for this light lager are not kind, but there are some that praise the low price and lack of flavor as a plus. One reviewer states that it “tastes like beer-flavored mineral water,” while another says “I really don’t get the ‘awful’ rating, it’s actually pretty good. This is a non-alcoholic beer and the majority of people do not like it, which is why it’s #4 on the list of worst beers in the world. Many of the reviews say that O’Douls is way better than this very watery brew. “There are much better NA brews out there. This light, easy-drinking lager is both beloved and despised. People who love it praise its low price and inoffensiveness. Those who despise it, truly abhor it. The rating probably comes from more of the detractors logging in to state their case. Lovers of this beer amid the BeerAdvocate reviews call it “an underrated mass-produced American brew.” Haters think it “literally tastes like what a damp basement smells like.” Walmart Reviews are not forgiving of this ultra-low-calorie, low-carb brew, with one drinker saying, “It’s thin, flavorless and odd smelling.” Another named it “possibly the worst beer I have ever had. The look is light and not very frothy. The taste is sour and actually made me feel on the queasy side.” More recently, an additional reviewer posted, “Alright, so this isn’t a great beer. Courtesy of Liquor Locker Reviewers certainly didn’t hold back when it came to their distaste for this Miller Brewing Co. light lager. One drinker said, “Look, any beer that has its caloric intake in its name wasn’t made to be good.” Another added that it’s “pretty much indistinguishable from Miller Lite.” While this one only has 64 calories (just like the Miller 64) and may fit in with some of your dietary goals, you’re probably better off just trying one of the light beers that’s higher up on the list. Sign up for our newsletter!
Is Modelo considered a light beer?
I tried Modelo Oro for the 1st time last weekend. Loved it very smooth for a light beer! My new fave light beer!