- 1 What is the funnel for in a beer bong?
- 2 What kind of tubing do you use for beer lines?
- 3 What is a Flabongo?
- 4 How long should I let my bong sit in alcohol?
- 5 What size pipe is a beer line?
- 6 What size should beer lines be?
- 7 What is the average size of a bong?
- 8 How long is a beer bong?
- 9 How many beers in a beer bong?
What size tubing for a beer bong?
Download Article Download Article A beer bong, or beer funnel, is a plastic device used to quickly consume a beer or other beverage. They’re easy to use and you can easily make one yourself. You need a funnel, a length of plastic tubing, a ball valve, and a few connectors to construct a beer bong.
- 1 Wash off all of the parts before you assemble them. Soak all of the pieces in a bucket or sink full of warm water and soap. Use a sponge or brush to scrub the inside and outside of the funnel to remove any dust or dirt that may be on the surface. Clean the hoses, connectors, and valves with a sponge to remove dirt from them clean and rinse them off with water.
- All of the components need to be sanitized to keep out dust, dirt, bacteria, and other contaminants.
- 2 Insert a large funnel into a length of 1 inch (2.5 cm) diameter tubing. Use a length of plastic tubing that’s at least 3 feet (0.91 m) long so you can fit an entire can of beer into the beer bong. Slide the narrow end of the funnel into the opening of the tube. Push it as far into the tube as you can.
- You can find plastic tubing and funnels at your local hardware, home improvement, and department stores, or online.
Tip: Use a longer length of tubing to allow you to fit multiple beers into the beer bong. Try using a length of 9 feet (2.7 m) to fit up to 3 beers! But if you do opt for a larger beer bong, drink responsibly. Consuming too much alcohol too quickly can cause serious medical problems. Advertisement
- 3 Slide a hose clamp onto the tubing over the funnel. A hose clamp looks like a thin metal ring with a screw on the side of it and is used to secure hoses and tubes so they’re airtight. Place a hose clamp on the plastic tubing and slide it down so it’s on top of the funnel inside of the tube.
- It’s okay if the clamp fits loosely onto the tube.
- If the clamp is too tight to fit onto the tube, use a flathead screwdriver to open it up so it can slide onto the tube.
- You can find hose clamps at hardware stores, home improvement stores, and online.
- 4 Tighten the clamp over the funnel with a flathead screwdriver. Hold the hose clamp flush against the bottom of the funnel connected to the plastic tube. Take a flathead screwdriver and turn the screw on the side of the clamp to tighten it. Continue to tighten it until the tube around the end of the funnel is secure and the funnel cannot slide out.
- Give the funnel a gentle tug to make sure it’s secure in the tube.
- 1 Screw plastic hose-to-threaded connectors into the ball valve. Take 2 plastic connectors with a 3 ⁄ 4 inch (1.9 cm) diameter and align the threaded side with the opening of the ball valve. Attach a connector to each side of the ball valve by turning them clockwise until they’re tight.
- You won’t be able to screw the connector all the way in, so make sure it’s tight and securely connected.
- 2 Slide a hose clamp onto the tube at the opposite end of the funnel. Take another hose clamp and fit it onto the other end of the tubing so it will be in place to clamp over the connector. Leave it on the tubing so you can move it into place when you attach the valve.
- Let the hose clamp hang loosely on the tubing so you can move it into position after you attach the funnel to the valve.
- 3 Insert the funnel tubing onto the connector on the ball valve. Slide the end of the funnel tube onto the ball valve by forcing it onto the connector. The tube should fit snugly but it won’t be fully secure.
- Don’t screw the connector so tight into the ball valve that it’s difficult to remove for cleaning.
- 4 Tighten the hose clamp over the connector with a screwdriver. Slide the hose clamp down the tube so it’s on tip of the connector. Then, take a flathead screwdriver and tighten the screw on the hose clamp until the tube is tight and secure over the connector.
- Give the ball valve a good tug to make sure it’s attached securely.
Tip: If you don’t have hose clamps, you can use plastic zip ties to secure the tubing.
- 5 Attach a 4 in (10 cm) long tube to the other connector. Take a smaller length of 1 inch (2.5 cm) diameter tubing and slide it over the open connector on the ball valve. This will serve as a mouthpiece whenever you use the beer bong.
- Don’t clamp the mouthpiece tubing so you can easily remove it to clean it.
- 6 Use Y valves to connect more tubes to make a multi-person beer bong. Fit a Y valve over the bottom of the funnel and connect 2 tubes to it to form a 2 person beer bong. You can also connect a Y valve to those tubes and connect 4 total tubes to the funnel to form a multi-person beer bong!
- Use Y valves that will fit 1 inch (2.5 cm) diameter tubes.
- Connect ball valves to the ends of each tube so you can control the flow of liquid.
- You can find Y valves at hardware stores, home improvement stores, and online.
- 1 Wipe off the mouthpiece and make sure the ball valve is shut off. Check the switch on the ball valve and look for the “on” and “off” labels. Make sure the switch is in the “off” position. Use a clean cloth to wipe the inside and outside of the mouthpiece.
- It’s always a good idea to clean off the mouthpiece of a beer bong before you use it, especially if someone else used it before you.
- If the switch isn’t labeled, test the beer bong by pouring a little bit of water into the funnel end. If the water flows through the valve, flip the switch so it’s off and pour out the water.
- 2 Pour a beverage into the funnel slowly. Hold the funnel at a slight angle and slowly pour in the beverage so the foam doesn’t build up in the tubing. Continue pouring until the tube is full and the liquid is in the funnel. Try not to overfill the funnel and have the liquid right at the edge or you could spill it.
- A foamy liquid is sure to make your stomach hurt and could make you nauseated when you consume it.
- A little bit of foam is normal, wait a few moments until the foam subsides before you drink it.
- 3 Raise the funnel overhead to allow it to flow. Hold the funnel up over your head when you’re ready to use it. Elevating the funnel will allow the liquid to flow right through the tube and valve.
- A beer bong uses gravity to help the liquid flow.
- Try to hold the funnel in a fixed position so the liquid doesn’t slosh around.
Tip: If you have a longer tube or you can’t elevate the funnel over your head, take a knee and have a friend elevate the funnel end of the beer bong. Teamwork!
- 4 Put your mouth on the mouthpiece. Place your lips around the small mouthpiece tubing so it’s you create a seal with your mouth. Don’t allow space between your lips and the tube or it could cause air to mix with the liquid as it enters your mouth.
- Mixing air into the liquid could build up pressure in your stomach, which could be painful or make you nauseated.
- 5 Open the valve on the ball valve to release the beverage. Take a deep breath and open the valve to start the flow of liquid. Relax your throat to allow gravity to force the liquid directly into your stomach.
- When the beer bong is empty, close the valve and pull the mouthpiece out of your mouth.
- Consider high-fiving your friends around you to celebrate your victory!
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement Thanks for submitting a tip for review!
Please drink responsibly. Never drive or operate machinery after consuming alcoholic beverages.
- 3 feet (0.91 m) of 1 inch (2.5 cm) diameter plastic tubing
- A 4 in (10 cm) segment of 1 inch (2.5 cm) diameter plastic tubing
- 2 hose clamps
- 2 3 ⁄ 4 inch (1.9 cm) diameter hose-to-threaded connectors
- 1 funnel
- 1 3 ⁄ 4 inch (1.9 cm) diameter plastic ball valve
- Flathead screwdriver
- A beverage of your choice
Article Summary X If you want to make your own beer bong, cut 2 pieces of clear tubing so that one piece is about 1 foot long and the other is 4 or 5 feet long. Attach the 2 tubes with a plastic valve and clamp it into place. The valve will allow any air to escape when you’re pouring the beer.
What is the funnel for in a beer bong?
What is the purpose of a beer bong funnel? A. Beer bong funnels make your parties and club nights even more fun and crazier. You can use beer bong funnels to consume beverages at a rapid rate and enhance your funnelling and smoking experience.
How do you make a beer bong faster?
Video by Zach Bermejo and Alec Erickson A beer bong has the ability to take you from zero to buzzed in no time. Whether you are pregaming, partying hard or you got off work late and need to get on the level of your already drunk friends, a beer bong will get the job done.
As magical as a beer bong can be, the act can be equally as intimidating. Without proper instruction, one small slip-up can be disastrous. Ad Here is how to do a proper beer bong: 1. Choosing the right beer. Keep in mind what you are actually doing when bonging a beer. You are basically injecting an entire 12-ounce beer into your body in a split second.
The last thing you want to bong is some kind of heavy, high alcohol percentage stout or IPA. Buy something easy on your stomach and your wallet, ideally a beer ending in “Light.” After you purchase the beer, let it sit out for about ten minutes. Bonging an overly chilled beer can be harsh on your throat.2.
- Pouring the beer.
- Pouring is a delicate and careful process.
- Fold the tube so the end hangs just above the top of the funnel to keep the beer from spilling all over the floor and your shirt.
- To get the least amount of foam in the beer bong, tilt the funnel and hold the can or bottle as closely to it as possible.
Pour slowly.3. Get rid of the excess foam with nose grease. Foam is inevitable. No matter how perfect the pour, there will always be a frothy layer floating on the top. Getting rid of it is a quick fix. Take your index finger and rub it in the crevices on the sides of your nose.
If you have been partying for a few hours, there should be a good amount of oil there. If you have a clean face, you may want to use a friend’s nose grease (see Step 4.) Do not be afraid to stir your greasy finger around in the beer. Your friends will be more impressed than disgusted. The oil will cause the foam to disappear almost immediately.
Ad 4. Have a friend nearby to hold the bong. Beer bongs are about the camaraderie. Sure, a beer bong can be done solo, but where is the fun in that? Drinking alcohol is always better with a friend. In fact, if you are regularly doing beer bongs alone, you should seek help,5.
- Taking the beer bong.
- Now that you have a foam-free beer and a buddy holding the funnel, you are ready to go.
- With both hands, hold the end of the tube close to your mouth.
- Inhale deeply. Exhale.
- Insert the tube directly into your face while simultaneously taking a knee.
- As soon as the tube falls below the funnel, beer will start to flow out full force.
Open your throat and let gravity do the work. The beer should naturally descend to your stomach with minimal chugging effort. The goal is to finish the beer as quickly as possible. Depending on how fast you can get the beer down your gullet, it is acceptable but not encouraged to let it fill in your cheeks and take big gulps as necessary.
This will only extend the time of the bonging process.6. The aftermath. After the beer has successfully entered your body with hopefully no spills, you will feel a minor pain in your chest. This is totally normal. Belch out all that gas for relief and do not hold back. You may want to have access to a nearby sink in the slight chance that the beer will come right back up.
You should now have all the knowledge you need to correctly take a beer bong. Remember, too many beers in too short of time can be dangerous and may make you feel like trash in the morning. Drink alcohol in moderation, be responsible and stay safe. Collegian reporter Jonny Rhein can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @jonnyrhein.
What kind of tubing do you use for beer lines?
You can use either food-grade vinyl lines or barrier tubing for your draft beer system. Barrier tubing is required for serving wine and kombucha on tap. Loading.
What is a Flabongo?
In this weeks “Apparently This Is a Thing”, we have the Flabongo, which is essentially a pink flamingo made into a beer bong. Simply dump the beer into the hole made into the flamingo’s rear-end, wrap your lips around its beak, tip it up, and the beer will make its way down the long and winding neck. Credit: https://youtu.be/PPrDyZlzEYQ You can buy the pink flamingo beer bongs individually, in a set of 2, a pack of 6, or even a flock of 10, or if you’re really getting into this you can get them customized with whatever you want on them. Why not make them gifts for your wedding party or bachelor/bachelorette party ? Credit: https://www.instagram.com/newschoolers/ Check out the Flabongo pink flamingo beer bong in action via the video below. Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel Odditymall.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a way for websites to earn advertising revenues by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
How many beers in a beer bong?
Beer Bong by True Holds two 12oz beers and disassembles easy for clean-up.
How long should I let my bong sit in alcohol?
How often should you clean a bong? – Sticky resin builds up on the inner walls, turning your water brown quickly. golddiamondphotography/Getty Images Most experts say you should clean your bong after a few days to a week of use. You must also replace your bong water often, ideally after every smoke session, to avoid mold.
Any water that sits in a water pipe is at risk of molding. “You’re literally inhaling through your bong and mold can grow in as quickly as 24 hours,” says Baum. “If you had mold in your house you’d probably freak out, so why would it be acceptable to inhale it?” In fact, inhaling the bacteria and mold in to lung infections and pneumonia.
What’s more, any resin that accumulates inside the bong can provide an environment for to form, which can play host to harmful bacteria that you certainly don’t want to inhale. The color of your bong water is your best indicator of when to give it a deep clean.
- Isopropyl alcohol: 91% to 99% isopropyl alcohol works best
- Salt such as Morton’s table salt, Epsom salt, rock salt, or Himalayan salt. Salt is coarse enough to scrub away stuck-on resin but soft enough that it won’t scratch the glass.
- A large resealable plastic bag
- Pipe cleaner
- Disposable gloves (optional)
Fill your bong with isopropyl alcohol and salt, shake it up, then let it soak. Lindsey Bartlett This easy and effective method works every time. You can put disposable gloves on before you begin these steps if you want to avoid any sticky residue on your fingers.
- Remove the bowl and stem. The bowl and stem is the part where you place your cannabis. You can pop this piece out, and it makes cleaning the bong much easier. You ideally don’t want to get the bowl wet when you pour the bong water out.
- Pour out the old water. Bong water is sticky and resinous, so it’s not ideal to pour it down the drain if you can avoid it. You can pour it into the trash if you have a properly sealed trash bag or you can pour it into a sealed container to throw away. You can also dispose of your bong water outside — but don’t try to water any plants with it. The same bacteria and mold that can harm you will also harm your plants.
- Place the bong in a zip-top bag. A large gallon-size bag should be large enough and will help contain the mess. If you don’t have a zip-top bag handy, you can do these next steps inside a trash bag or over your sink. Just be careful, because the bong resin may stick to the sides of your sink.
- Add isopropyl alcohol to the inside of the bong, Pour your isopropyl alcohol into the top of the bong. Use about 16 ounces, depending on the size of your bong, or just enough alcohol that the bong is filled about halfway. If you’re using a dedicated bong cleaning isopropyl mixture, pour that into the bong instead. If you don’t want to use isopropyl alcohol, you can also use white vinegar and baking soda — just allow it to soak for longer.
- Add salt to the bong. This salt helps to gently scrub the inside of the bong to remove the resin. The alcohol alone cleans it somewhat well, but the salt removes the build-up from the sides of the bong. Use a healthy amount to ensure the salt can scrub off the resin.
- Close the bag and shake. This part can get messy, so seal the bag in order to shake the alcohol and salt mixture around the inside of the bong. If you have a percolator bong, be sure the mixture enters all the chambers. You may need to tip the bong upside down a few times to permeate all the crevices.
- Let it soak for 30 minutes. Allow the alcohol mixture to sit with the bong for about 30 minutes. This step isn’t always necessary, depending on how dirty you let your bong get, but letting it soak does improve the efficacy of the alcohol in cleaning your glass.
- Remove the bong and dispose of the bag. Here’s why the bag is key: you can simply seal the bag full of dirty bong water and throw it away. This avoids the resin mess in the sink.
- Rinse bong with warm water and soap, It’s best to get all of the alcohol and salt out of the bong before using it — especially because alcohol is flammable. Dish soap and warm water work well to break down any residual oil on the glass.
- Soak the bowl and stem in alcohol to clean them. Use a pipe cleaner to scrub any stuck-on resin out of the stem. Rinse it well with hot water, and let it dry completely before loading it with cannabis to use it.
What size pipe is a beer line?
Beer Hose Size and Length – The three basic types of beer hoses are:
3/16 inch beer line – the most common type 5/16 inch beer line – can be often found in commercial systems 1/4 inch beer line – most commonly found in homebrew systems
✓ 3/16 inch beer line This type of line is somewhat narrow and needs to be the right length – from 5-6 feet for most beers or 7 feet for beers like Coors Light. The reason for that is that the beer needs to be kept under restriction because this way the CO2 is forced to stay in the solution and you don’t get any foam.
We recommend getting a clear beer hose instead of a colored one – this will help you to see if it needs to be changed due to the presence of sediment or if there’s any foam buildup. ✓ 5/16 inch beer line This type of beer lines is used exclusively with CO2 – it’s the same line that hooks up to the bottom of a CO2 regulator and also the one that goes to the side of the keg coupler.5/16 inch beer lines can be any length that you want as long as it’s long enough for you to change your CO2 tank but not too long because it may start to kink.
✓ 1/4 inch beer line The reason this type of beer lines can be mostly found in homebrew systems is that if you attach a Corny keg fitting with a standard barb, it will fit perfectly. You can use ¼ beer hose for both home-brewed beer and your homebrew CO2 line.
How long can you run beer lines?
Modify Your Kegerator – The first task is to modify your kegerator so that you can attach beer lines to the outside. Whether you have a mini-fridge, keezer or full sized fridge style kegerator, they will all need a double male ended wall shank with adequate diameter installed.
For this modification, you will need the following tools: Tools List To Mount Beer Line Shanks Drill with metal cutting drill bit of at least 1/4″ diameter for a pilot hole. Metal hole saw bit to match the diameter of the shank being installed. Screwdriver to install an optional mounting plate if you have multiple shanks.
Flathead screwdriver or bolt driver suitable for hose clamps. Short Line Runs If you are running a kegerator beer line just a short distance (5-6 feet) from the cooling unit, run the beer lines into some wall mounted shanks with faucets or a draft beer tower and insulate the lines heavily. You can use a temperature controlled Kegerator Glycol Pump Kit to pump glycol from a container inside the kegerator.
The glycol lines will run up against the beer line within an insulated bundle called a trunk line. Wrap the beer and glycol lines in mylar bubble wrap and then heavy foam pipe insulation. Insulation – a product that is a combination of mylar and air bubble wrap is a good choice for insulating beer lines for short runs.
Double wrap this material around the beer line(s), with some foam pipe insulation around that. If you are running beer lines from your basement kegerator straight up through the floor to the kitchen, for example, this should work to keep the beer lines relatively cold.
- Another way of handling a short run of beer line is to encase the beer line in a PVC pipe and blow cold air from your kegerator into the PVC pipe.
- Insulation on the outside of the PVC pipe can then be applied.
- This may be a better bet for running up to 20 feet of beer line without having to invest in a glycol cooling system.
Always be careful when drilling holes or cutting into the walls, ceilings, or floors of your home. It is best to consult the house blueprints before undertaking such a project, looking out for plumbing lines, electrical, and heating. Even if you insulate your beer lines, the beer is not likely to stay cold if the line runs next to or through a heating duct.
- Visual examination is always the most reliable.
- Long Line Runs In the case that you want to run your beer lines more than 12 feet, you are probably going to need a glycol cooling system,
- Such a system usually consists of a glycol chiller, which pumps propylene glycol through polyethylene coolant lines that are run alongside the beer lines to the point of serving and back to the glycol cooler.
Usually, the glycol coolant lines and beer lines are run together in an insulative barrier. The whole bundle is referred to as a glycol trunk line, Glycol cooling systems are capable of keeping beer lines cool for up to 500 feet. Although they cost a pretty penny, I would suggest buying a system like this versus trying to DIY something that might not last very long.
It is possible to design your own compressor, but it might be messy. Related Kegerator Articles : Modification Project: Adding Double or Triple Tap Tower – Learn how to add a double or triple tap tower to your kegerator. Adding Chalkboard or Whiteboard Surfaces to your Kegerator – Add a chalkboard or a whiteboard to the outside of your kegerator.
Maintaining Beer Lines With A Beer Cleaner – Learn How To Maintain Your Kegerator Beer Lines With a Beer Cleaner Like Iodophor, BLC or Power Punch 22.
What size should beer lines be?
Draft Beer Line – Draft beer line is the essential part that carries your kegerator or draft system’s precious cargo (beer!) from the keg coupler to the draft faucet, Flexible, clear vinyl hose can be used as beer line for kegerators and direct draw draft systems. Clear tubing is used to help identify any issues with your draft system, including the buildup of sediment, beer stone or mold. At KegWorks, all of our beer line is made from food-grade, PVC vinyl that’s approved by the FDA, USDA, USP Class VI, NSF, and UL. It’s specially engineered to prevent rotting, cracking, drying out, or swelling, so even with regular use, you can rest assured that it will continue to get the job done.
To match the exact needs of your draft dispensing system, we offer beer line in both ⅜” and 3/16″ inside diameters. For most home dispensing setups, 3/16″ is a fine choice, but in a commercial setup with a long draw, ⅜” helps provide a quicker, more efficient flow rate with less required pressure. Home users can purchase what is known as a jumper line to run beer from their keg coupler to their draft faucet.
A draft beer jumper line is a pre-cut, 5′ piece of beer line that has connectors on either end to easily attach to your draft system, and is perfect for anyone that is setting up a kegerator, Long draw commercial draft systems should use barrier tubing that resists staining, prevents flavor contamination and helps prevent the growth of beer stone and bacteria.
Is alcohol bad for bongs?
Can I Use Isopropyl Alcohol to Clean My Bong? – Isopropyl alcohol is generally everyone’s go to for easy bong cleaning, and we are here to inform you that it is never recommended. For starters, isopropyl alcohol contains high levels of VOC which is harmful not just to your bong but the environment as well. Fumes that are released from the alcohol are terrible for you and should never be inhaled.
What is the average size of a bong?
Water Bong Size – Are you looking for a 6-foot party bong or a mini bong for dabs? Generally, bong sizes will range from small bongs up to 6 inches in height, medium bongs that are 8-16 inches tall, or large bongs that are 18 inches or bigger. Below, we break down the benefits of small, medium, and large bong sizes – which is best for you?
|SMALL BONGS||MEDIUM BONGS||LARGE BONGS|
|Up to 6″||8 – 16″||18″ and larger|
|✓ Great as dab rigs||✓ Great for daily use||✓ Thickest glass options|
|✓ Best for concentrated flavor||✓ Ideal amount of water filtration||✓ Great for large volume smokers|
|✓ Easy to use for new smokers||✓ Supports multiple smoking accessories||✓ Best for multiple, internal percolator designs|
|✓ Easiest to clean||✓ Full-sized hits||✓ Biggest hits|
|✓ Compact for storage||✓ Best bowl or nail visibility||✓ No splashback|
|✓ Discreet||✓ Widest design choices||✓ Large and sturdy feel|
|✓ Portable||✓ Most popular size||✓ Best for sharing|
How long is a beer bong?
Product Description – Extreme Long Bong Beer Bong Comes with 20 Ft. Durable And Heavy Duty Construction! Parties are bound to get crazy and our remarkable beer bong is specifically designed to last! The durable funnel is absolutely kink free so you can abuse it without any worries! Exclusive Leak Proof Design That Separates It From The Competition! A leaking beer bong can be such a buzzkill at parties, plus you can get your clothes all wet! Our premium ultimate valve will make sure that not a single drop of that beer or soda is wasted! We can absolutely guarantee that our fun and simple party beer bong is 100% leak proof! Why settle for cheap and flimsy imitations, when you can have the real deal? Show Up With This Amazing Beer Bong And Get The Party Started! Birthday, holiday and graduation parties are memories that you will cherish for the rest of your life! Why not make these memories even more fun with this incredible beer bong? Just imagine all the photos you can take while chugging down your favorite drink from our fantastic party beer bong!
How many beers in a beer bong?
Beer Bong by True Holds two 12oz beers and disassembles easy for clean-up.