Try high-intensity intermittent exercise (HIIE) – HIIE involves all-out efforts in rapid sets of sprints or other exercises, followed by brief rests, and then more short but intense exercise. A study in the Journal of Obesity suggests that HIIE is more effective at burning fat and accelerating weight loss than many other forms of exercise.
What is the best exercise to get rid of a beer belly?
2. Squats – Cardio is great for burning off those extra calories that contribute to beer belly, but strength training exercises shouldn’t be ignored. Hands down, one of the best strength training exercises a guy can do are squats. Squats are often called the “king of exercises” because they’re an amazing, full-body workout.
Can beer bellies go away?
Insider’s takeaway – A beer belly is basically when visceral fat builds up around your waistline, typically as a result of eating too many calories, especially from simple carbohydrates and sugars, like those found in beer. If you notice a beer belly emerging, cutting back on alcohol can be helpful but it may take additional changes to your diet and lifestyle — like getting enough fiber, exercise, and sleep — to really get that protruding pooch under control.
Beer bellies are not just associated with beer or with men,” Wroe says. “There are plenty of other common foods in our standard American diet that can create a pooched belly for both men and women, so people wanting to reduce their risk should look at their entire diet and not just their alcohol intake.” Kelly Burch is a New Hampshire-based freelance journalist writing about finances, health, family, and more.
Her work has appeared in The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, and Forbes, among others. Follow her on Facebook or Twitter, and or learn more here, Read more Read less
Does drinking water help with beer belly?
So, how does drinking more water help you lose belly fat? – Drinking more water may help with weight loss by temporarily increasing your metabolic rate. Most of our metabolic processes take place in the presence of water. Water helps in the digestion of food and consequently, helps burn more calories.
- This will lead to losing belly fat.
- Drinking more water also may help relieve constipation and reduce belly bloating.
- Water as an appetite suppressant: Drinking water before meals can make you feel fuller, so you’ll ultimately eat fewer calories.
- Studies show that by drinking water before a meal, you feel more full.
This will keep you from eating as much at meal time and therefore decrease your calorie intake. In a 12-week study conducted with obese participants, one group was asked to envision a full stomach before eating a meal. The other group was asked to drink 2-3 glasses of water before a meal.
How do men get rid of beer bellies?
Shrinking your middle – You can strengthen and tone abdominal muscles with crunches or other exercises focused on your belly. But doing those exercises alone won’t get rid of belly fat. The good news is that visceral fat responds to the same diet and exercise strategies that can help get rid of other extra pounds and lower total body fat. Try these tips:
- Eat a healthy diet. A healthy diet involves:
- Focusing on plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Choosing lean sources of protein, such as fish and low-fat dairy products.
- Limiting processed meats, as well as the saturated fat that’s found in meat and high-fat dairy products, such as cheese and butter.
- Choosing moderate amounts of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. They are found in fish, nuts and certain vegetable oils.
- Choose portion sizes wisely. Even when you’re making healthy choices, calories add up. At home, cut down your portion sizes. In restaurants, share meals. Or eat half a meal and take the rest home.
- Replace sugary drinks. Drink water or other beverages without sugar instead.
- Get active. For most healthy adults, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends moderate aerobic activity, such as brisk walking, for at least 150 minutes a week or vigorous aerobic activity, such as jogging, for at least 75 minutes a week. Strength training exercises are recommended at least twice a week. If you want to lose weight or meet specific fitness goals, you might need to exercise more. There is some evidence that high-intensity interval training (HIIT) can help reduce belly fat, as can strength training.
Losing belly fat takes effort and patience. To lose extra fat and keep it from coming back, aim for slow and steady weight loss. Ask your health care provider for help getting started and staying on track.
Will I lose my beer belly if I stop drinking beer?
* Giving up completely or drinking less alcohol can help the individual lose their beer gut. A standard beer can have as many as 200 calories. Even light beers can contain an excessive number of calories. If people do want to drink, they should stick to recommended levels for safe consumption.
Can you get a beer belly from drinking once a week?
– Drinking beer can cause weight gain of any type — including belly fat. Keep in mind that the more you drink, the higher your risk of weight gain is. It seems that moderate drinking of one beer per day (or less) is not linked with getting a “beer belly.” However, if you drink a lot of beer or binge drink regularly then you are at a very high risk of belly fat gain, as well as various other serious health problems.