- 0.1 How many ml is Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 1 How much moonshine should I drink?
- 2 Are you supposed to drink moonshine by itself?
How much alcohol is in Ole Smoky Moonshine?
Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine Raises the Proof GATLINBURG, TN – Ole Smoky Moonshine announced today the national launch of a higher proof Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine. The product was originally created at 20% ABV (40 proof). However, the company decided to take things to the next level by raising the proof to 70 proof (35% ABV). Apple Pie moonshine is one of the most traditional moonshine flavors, steeped in years of history. At 40 proof, it has been a staple for Ole Smoky and the best selling product for the company. Because of its huge success, Ole Smoky strategically decided to raise the proof. While the flavor has been slightly altered, the sweet taste of Apple Pie still remains.
“Ole Smoky has launched many flavors in the past few years, but this year we are especially excited to hone our focus on our top flavor, Apple Pie,” says VP of Marketing, Meg Bruno.For more information about Ole Smoky and where you can get Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine visit About Ole Smoky® Moonshine
Ole Smoky is the leading distiller of premium moonshine in the U.S. and the first federally licensed distillery in the history of East Tennessee. The company’s roots can be traced to the early settlers of the Smoky Mountains. Which means this isn’t just moonshine.
- It’s moonshine made with authenticity and enduring pride of the people of the Tennessee Mountains.
- In 2009, the law in Tennessee changed and suddenly, it was legal to make, distill and sell the infamous bootlegger’s hooch.
- It was at that point that a group of families decided to bring their artistry of superior moonshine making to the world at large.
And the world welcomed it. Ole Smoky was named an Impact Hot Brand by M. Shanken Communications, a leading publisher in the U.S. wine & spirits industry. The Hot Brand Award is given to both established and upcoming brands that achieve double-digit growth in each of the past three years, with a minimum of 200,000 cases.
Additionally, people from all over the world visit our famed Gatlinburg Distillery, The Holler™ to see and experience how Ole Smoky moonshine is made. Ole Smoky now retails globally and offers fifteen creative flavors crafted from authentic family recipes. And while Ole Smoky has long been enjoyed on the porch from the jar or the jug, Ole Smoky now finds itself mixed in hand-crafted cocktails of the finest order in establishments across the U.S.
including some of the biggest music and sporting events in the country. The future is bright. And we’re ready to shine on. For more information about the brand, please visit and find them on social media @olesmoky. Shine Responsibly® ©2016 Ole Smoky Distillery, LLC.
How many ml is Ole Smoky Moonshine?
Ole Smoky Apple Pie Ginger 4 Pack – Ole Smoky Apple Pie Ginger Moonshine Cocktail combines real Ole Smoky Moonshine distilled in Tenness. $12.99 $13.99
How many calories in a shot of Ole Smoky Moonshine?
|* Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||0 cal|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
How much moonshine should I drink?
Download Article Download Article Moonshine is a tasty whiskey drink that was first brewed during the prohibition era in the United States. Now, you can buy moonshine at most liquor stores in a variety of different flavors, and some people still make their own at home.
- 1 Combine moonshine and cola for a classic drink. Since moonshine is a form of whiskey, you can easily make one of the most popular and tasty alcoholic beverages. Add your preferred amount of ice to a tall glass. Then, pour 2 shots of moonshine and 12 oz (335 mL) of cola over the ice for a cool drink.
- Some moonshines have a cola taste to them due to the flavor of distilled corn, so this can make for an even sweeter drink.
- 2 Mix a can of light beer with a shot of moonshine for a boozy cocktail. Add 1 shot of moonshine into the bottom of a glass. Then, choose a lager or a light ale, and pour 12 oz (350 ML) of the beer into the glass. You can add ice for a cooler drink, or enjoy it without ice. Tip: Combine a lemon- or blueberry-flavored moonshine with any light beer for an extra refreshing, fizzy drink in the summer. Advertisement
- 3 Add ginger ale to moonshine to take some of the bitterness out of the alcohol. Put a shot of any flavor of moonshine into a highball glass with ice. Then, pour 12 oz (335 mL) of ginger ale into the glass over the ice. Taste the drink to see if it’s acceptable, and add more ginger ale until you reach a suitable taste.
- You should always use non-alcoholic ginger ale, rather than a ginger beer, if you want to make a weaker drink. The alcohol in ginger beer can actually make the moonshine taste stronger.
- 4 Make Tennessee-style iced tea with moonshine, iced tea, and lemonade. Mix together equal parts iced tea and lemonade to make an Arnold Palmer. Then, combine that with 1 part moonshine in a glass filled with ice. Be sure to stir the mixture thoroughly to ensure that it’s evenly combined.
- You can also add 2-3 mint leaves and a wedge of lemon as a garnish for this refreshing beverage.
- 1 Drink water after you drink moonshine to stay hydrated. Alcohol can make your body dehydrated, especially high-proof alcohol like moonshine. Drink water in between every alcoholic beverage, even if you drink whiskey often. When you finish your moonshine drink, have a full glass of water before having another.
- You can drink flavored water, like coconut water or a flavored sports drink, if you don’t like the taste of plain water.
Did You Know? In Thailand, traditional herbal moonshine is known as “ya dong.” Shots of ya dong are served with a small glass of water, a piece of fruit, and a few pickled olives.
- 2 Chase moonshine with a drink of pickle juice to relieve the burning. The alcohol taste of straight moonshine can leave your throat burning after just a small drink. Keep a glass of pickle juice nearby to counteract the burning by taking a drink of the juice after each drink of moonshine.
- This can be especially helpful if you never drink whiskey since the saltiness of the pickle juice neutralizes the burn of the alcohol.
- You can use any kind of pickle juice or brine that you have available.
- 3 Pour smaller drinks to avoid a nasty hangover. Depending on what kind of moonshine you’re drinking, it may contain trace amounts of chemicals that can be harmful if ingested in large quantities. Even in small quantities, they can cause terrible headaches and discomfort. To prevent this, make “half shots” of moonshine, or only take small sips from your glass to pace yourself.
- Keep in mind that illegally-distilled moonshine can contain very large amounts of methanol, which can cause blindness or even death if ingested.
Add New Question
- Question Can you drink moonshine straight? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer
- Question Do you drink moonshine warm or cold? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer Support wikiHow by unlocking this staff-researched answer. Either way—it depends on your preference and the type of drink. For example, you might drink straight moonshine at room temperature. Or, warm up some apple pie moonshine for a toasty, comforting drink on a cold fall or winter night. You can also drink it as a chilled cocktail with ginger ale or iced tea.
- Question Do you have to refrigerate moonshine? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
It’s easy to get drunk on moonshine quickly, since it’s so strong. Try to limit yourself to 1 drink per hour if you’re drinking moonshine.
Thanks for submitting a tip for review! Advertisement
Never drink moonshine from an uncertified distiller, since you can’t be sure what is in the alcohol.
Advertisement Article Summary X Moonshine is a whiskey drink that you can either drink straight with a chaser or make a mixed drink out of. If you want to drink it straight with a chaser, drink pickle juice after your shot of moonshine to relieve the burning sensation.
What percentage is a shot of moonshine?
Can Moonshine Be Dangerous? – Moonshine can be hazardous on two levels: during the distillation process and when consumed. What does the label “XXX” on a moonshine jug mean ? During the distillation process, alcohol fumes are created, which are extremely flammable, The flammable fumes are one of the main reasons why moonshine stills are usually found outside, despite making them more visible to law authorities.
If you’re trapped inside, the risk of vaporous explosions is too large. Methanol’s hazardous potential is undetected at first taste. It will merely make individuals drunker. However, methanol may be exceedingly harmful to a person’s health once it has been metabolized. It just takes ten milliliters (ml) of methanol to permanently damage the optic nerve and result in partial, if not full, blindness.
Also Read: Difference Between Moonshine & Vodka FAQs Can homemade moonshine kill you? Yes, homemade moonshine can kill you if you consume too much. But, can moonshine go bad ? Since moonshine is not distilled properly, it contains pure alcohol, which is very toxic.
- Moonshine containing high quantities of methanol can cause blindness or even death,
- Is moonshine stronger than other alcohol? Yes, moonshine is stronger than other alcohol if it is made appropriately.
- Because it hasn’t been aged, it is just extremely powerful alcohol with a very strong flavor or “kick.” It’s generally quite strong, up to 150 proof (about 75 percent alcohol).
What do you think is the difference between moonshine and whiskey ? How much alcohol is in a shot of moonshine? Usually, 1.5 ounces or a “shot” of distilled spirits or liquor contains 80-proof or 40% alcohol by volume. However, it depends on the variety.
What percent alcohol is a moonshine shot?
Alcohol Proof In Moonshine For example, if the ABV of a liquor is 30%, then its proof is 60. Typically, moonshine has an ABV of 40%. However, the ABV of moonshine can be even higher, reaching levels of anywhere from 60%-80%!
How long does Ole Smoky moonshine last?
– Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine. ‘How long will a jar keep unopened.’ Different flavors will have different life spans. Generally they will last two years unopened and about six months after opening.
Are you supposed to drink moonshine by itself?
When many people hear the word “moonshine,” they think of someone making alcohol in the backwoods countryside of the United States. This image comes from the fact that many people made moonshine during the Prohibition era, which lasted from 1920 until 1933.
The name refers to the act of people making moonshine under the light of the moon. We don’t know about y’all, but 13 years is a long time to go without drinking alcohol. That’s why so many people took matters into their own hands. Of course, not everybody was skilled at correctly making moonshine, which unfortunately led to some health risks and consequences.
But that’s all in the past. Today, moonshine is brewed the right way (i.e., the legal way ) in distilleries like Tennessee Shine Co. Moonshine is an unaged whiskey that can be enjoyed immediately instead of requiring it to spend years sitting in a barrel.
- If you’re new to the concept of moonshine or are just looking for some new ways to enjoy a classic beverage, you’re in the right place.
- How Do I Drink Moonshine? We’ve gotta be honest, honey; you don’t want to drink straight moonshine.
- That’s because straight moonshine is hard to swallow.
- Literally, by itself, moonshine has an earthy flavor that burns going down.
Remember, its original intent wasn’t to be part of some fancy cocktail but rather to help people get drunk. As a more sophisticated drinker, you’re gonna want to mix your moonshine with something. In addition to making it taste better, adding a mixer will also keep the overall alcohol content down.
That way, you can have more than one drink without feeling the world start to spin around you. Common Moonshine Mixers Here are the most common things people use to mix moonshine with. Feel free to get creative! Remember that moonshine is a whiskey, so anything that pairs well with whiskey will also pair well with moonshine.
Coke If you like whiskey and coke, you’ll love moonshine and coke. This classic combination can be a good starting point for the novice moonshine drinker. Ginger ale If you want to get more of the earthy taste of moonshine in your cocktail, try pairing it with ginger ale ( not ginger beer ).
Sweet ginger ale can make moonshine go down smoother and is a good starting point for those new to drinking moonshine. Grapefruit juice As one of the unsung heroes of mixers, grapefruit juice pairs nicely with moonshine, the earthy undertones of moonshine combined with a crisp and delicious grapefruit flavor make for a delightfully refreshing cocktail on a hot summer Tennessee afternoon.
Lemonade Go half-and-half with lemonade and moonshine, and add some ice to get a nice, cool beverage to enjoy at a cookout or your next family event. ( Psst: nobody has to know.) Sweet vermouth This is the perfect pairing for those who drink Manhattans because they love the taste of alcohol.
- You can use the classic two-to-one ratio of moonshine to vermouth or make it an even 50-50 split.
- Add some ice to dilute the flavors, and throw in a maraschino cherry for good measure.
- Or, even better, use maraschino cherry-flavored moonshine to create a “Moonshine Manhattan.” Beer Liven up your lager by adding a shot of moonshine to the bottom of a pint glass.
If you’re feeling adventurous, use flavored moonshine, like blackberry moonshine, Best Moonshine Chasers For bold drinkers who want to experience a moonshine burn, it is possible to drink moonshine as a shot. Make sure to have one of these chasers on hand to take immediately after drinking straight moonshine.
Pickle juice The saltiness of pickle juice will help combat the strong taste of whiskey. If you don’t have pickle juice nearby, take a bite out of a fresh pickle. Water When in doubt, you can always chase with water. It’s a good idea to drink a glass of water in between moonshine shots or mixed moonshine beverages to make sure you’re staying hydrated.
Ready to Try Moonshine? Whether you’re new to moonshine or looking for some new ways to enjoy a traditional beverage, we have all the information you need here at Tennessee Shine Co. We’d love for y’all to stop in and see us! Pick up one of our delicious moonshine combinations that you can enjoy if you have a sweet tooth or are looking for an adventurous cocktail to enjoy on your next weekend outing.
Is Ole Smoky Moonshine strong?
Producer Notes: Ole Smoky – Ole Smoky is a drinks producer that is based in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The company was founded in 2010 and has since become one of the most popular producers of moonshine in the United States. Ole Smoky is known for its high-quality, handcrafted moonshine, which is made using traditional methods and recipes that have been passed down through generations of moonshiners.
One of the things that sets Ole Smoky apart from other moonshine producers is its commitment to using only the finest ingredients. The company sources its corn, rye, and barley from local farmers, and uses pure, natural spring water from the Great Smoky Mountains to make its moonshine. This attention to detail and commitment to quality has helped Ole Smoky to build a loyal following of customers who appreciate the company’s dedication to producing the best possible product.
In addition to its moonshine, Ole Smoky also produces a range of other drinks that are famous in their own right. These include flavored moonshines, such as apple pie, peach, and blackberry, as well as a range of whiskey and bourbon products. The company also produces a line of canned cocktails, which are perfect for enjoying on the go or at outdoor events.
- Overall, Ole Smoky is a drinks producer that is known for its commitment to quality, its use of traditional methods and recipes, and its range of high-quality moonshine and other drinks.
- Whether you’re a fan of moonshine or just looking for a great-tasting drink, Ole Smoky is definitely worth checking out.
Directions to our store from Metro Botanical Garden, Bronx From the Metro station, Head northwest on Bedford Park Blvd toward Webster Ave (282 ft). Turn right onto Webster Ave (0.1 mi). Turn left onto E Mosholu Pkwy S (1.0 mi). Turn left toward Goulden Ave (0.1 mi).
Turn left onto Broadway (364 ft). You have arrived at our store: Broadway Liquor & Wine Warehouse 5790 Broadway, Bronx, NY 10463, United States.
Latitude: 40.884048 Longtitude: -73.900887 We’re right next to some great landmark attractions in New York, NY like Fort Independance, The Blockhouse, the Kingsbridge Memorial Bell Tower & Van Cortlandt park and Yankee Stadium. Known as moonshine, this high-proof liquor has been and continues to be manufactured illegally, without the permission of the government.
- The name comes from a habit of making alcoholic beverages by night in order to avoid being discovered by law enforcement officers.
- Outside of a licensed distillery, the production of such beverages is still prohibited in the majority of countries.
- Recently, commercial producers have begun to label some of their products as “moonshine”, a term that has become increasingly popular.
: Ole Smoky Moonshine White Lightnon’ 100 Proof
Is Ole Smoky Moonshine actually moonshine?
Original Moonshine (Of course!) – – This 100 Proof Shine is just like your grandpappy’s pappy made it. Made from a mix of at least 80% corn mash and ‘super-secret ingredients’, their Original Moonshine is the boldly flavored moonshine you remember (without the risk of being poisoned of course!).