How Do the Guys on Moonshiners Not Get Arrested? Get the Details! A lot of fans wonder if what the cast of does is illegal. In fact, a lot of people ask: how do the guys on Moonshiners not get arrested? The Discovery Network docudrama follows a dramatized version of the lives of people who produce illegal moonshine.
The series shows their liquor production efforts and law-evading techniques. But as it turns out, the stars of the show — Tim and — are licensed distillers. Fans may be surprised given comments the duo has made. “They’ve got to actually catch you doing something wrong. By the time that hits the TV,”, Tim added, “And that’s physically catch you.” Tickle said that since the show isn’t in real time, that’s not the easiest thing for law enforcement to do.
“We’re not sitting where we at the time. You know, they watch me on TV Tuesday nights at 9, I’m still not sitting in the same spot at 10 o’clock when that show goes off. It’s non-taxed; that’s pretty much the only reason it’s illegal.” According to Virginia alcohol regulators, the show is misleading.
- If illegal activity was actually taking place, the Virginia ABC Bureau of Law Enforcement would have taken action,” Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control spokeswoman in an email.
- Virginia ABC agreed to participate in an informative piece that documents the history of moonshine and moonshine investigations in Virginia.
Virginia ABC did not participate nor was aware of the false depiction of moonshine manufacturing, distribution and/or transportation in the filming, and would not have participated in the ‘documentary’ had it known of this portrayal.” Tim added, “There’s not really a big fear here.
Is moonshine Discovery Channel illegal?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Narrated by||Jeremy Schwartz|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||12|
|No. of episodes||251 ( list of episodes )|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||Discovery Channel|
|Original release||December 6, 2011 – present|
Moonshiners is an American docudrama television series on the Discovery Channel produced by Magilla Entertainment that dramatizes the life of people who produce (illegal) moonshine in the Appalachian Mountains of Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia,
- The series dramatizes their liquor production efforts, law-evading techniques and life.
- There have been claims by local officials that the show is not what it portrays itself to be.
- Virginia authorities have stated that no illegal liquor is actually being produced by the people depicted in the show.
- The Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) said in March 2012 that, “If illegal activity was actually taking place, the Virginia ABC Bureau of Law Enforcement would have taken action.” They also said that they had requested for the producers to add a disclaimer to clarify that the show was only a dramatization, “but the request was overlooked”, and the show’s producers, Magilla Entertainment, have stated their documentary content is real.
Portions of the show that feature Marvin “Popcorn” Sutton were taken from a documentary film by Neal Hutcheson. Hutcheson’s documentary was filmed in 2002 and released the same year with the title This is the Last Dam Run of Likker I’ll Ever Make, In 2008, a version of the documentary that was edited for television was broadcast on PBS and the Documentary Channel with the title The Last One, and it received a Southeast Emmy Award in 2009.
Sutton was arrested in 2007 by ATF agents in Cocke County, Tennessee (led by Jim Cavanaugh of Waco siege fame) for illegally distilling liquor and possession of a handgun by a felon, and was sentenced to eighteen months in jail in 2009. He subsequently died by suicide, apparently to avoid serving the federal prison term.
The show’s first season premiered on December 6, 2011. The twelfth season premiered on November 9, 2022, with a preseason special airing on November 2, 2022.
Is Moonshiners TV show fake?
Is the show Moonshiners for real? – That, my friend, is a complicated question that includes a discussion about the very nature of reality, the intertwining of myth and legend with expectation. And, of course, just how much folks want to accept a level of fakeness and believe their own bull.
- We’ll start with the obvious.
- The very act of observing reality changes it.
- This is a TV show with cameras and producers, directors and editors.
- In fact, it is produced by Magilla Entertainment, a production company that is also associated with other reality TV shows.
- In addition, many of the cast members are referred to as actors.
Some of their other shows include “Long Island Medium”, “Jailhouse Redemption” and “Diesel Brothers”. The most humorous of which might be “King of Thrones”, where they say they are number one when it comes to number two. It’s essentially an HDTV special on toilets. In a place like Sevier County, Tennessee, moonshine means big business (photo by Alaina O’Neal/TheSmokies.com)
Did moonshine get Cancelled?
CBC ORIGINAL DRAMEDY MOONSHINE RENEWED FOR SEASON THREE, WITH PRODUCTION UNDERWAY IN NOVA SCOTIA – CBC Media Centre
- Created by Sheri Elwood and produced by Six Eleven Media and eOne Ensemble cast stars Jennifer Finnigan, Anastasia Phillips, Emma Hunter, Tom Stevens, Alexander Nunez, Peter MacNeill, Erin Darke, Farid Yazdani, James Gilbert, Celia Owen, Calem MacDonald, Leigh-Ann Rose, Allegra Fulton, JD Martin and Allan Hawco Season 2 premieres this fall on CBC and CBC Gem
CSA-nominated CBC original east coast family dramedy (8×60) will return for a third season in 2023, with production now underway in Nova Scotia. Created by Sheri Elwood ( Lucifer, Call Me Fitz ) and produced by Six Eleven Media and Entertainment One (eOne), the series follows the Finley-Cullens, a dysfunctional clan of adult half-siblings battling for control of the Moonshine, a ramshackle campground on the South Shore of Nova Scotia.
- The second season will premiere this fall on Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 9 p.m.
- 9:30 NT) on CBC and CBC Gem, and the entire first season is available to stream now on,
- I’m humbled and thrilled to be able to continue the saga of the Finley-Cullens along with my team of talented writers, directors and cast.
These characters have taken on a life of their own and I’m beyond grateful to our partners at CBC and eOne for allowing us the creative freedom to wave our freak flags for another season,” said showrunner, creator and director Sheri Elwood. “We welcome the Finley-Cullens back to CBC with open arms for Season 2 this fall, and we can’t wait to watch sparks fly between Jennifer Finnigan and Allan Hawco as he joins Moonshine ‘s incredibly talented cast of South Shore characters,” says Sally Catto, General Manager of Entertainment, Factual & Sports, CBC.
Sheri has crafted a heartwarming and hilarious series centered around a perfectly imperfect family that continues to keep us on our toes, and we can’t wait to see where Season 3 takes them.” “We are delighted to be filming the third season of Moonshine in our beautiful home province of Nova Scotia with our world class crew, remarkable talent and stunning locations,” said Charles Bishop, Executive Producer Six Eleven Media.
The 2022 Canadian Screen Award nominated series stars Jennifer Finnigan ( Salvation ), Anastasia Phillips ( Reign ), Emma Hunter ( The Beaverton, Mr. D ), Tom Stevens ( The 100, Beyond ), Alexander Nunez ( Avocado Toast ), Peter MacNeill ( Good Witch ), Erin Darke ( The Marvelous Mrs.
Maisel, Miracle Workers ), Farid Yazdani ( Day Players, Suits ), James Gilbert ( Suits, Salvation ), Celia Owen ( A Small Fortune ), Calem MacDonald ( Umbrella Academy ), Allan Hawco ( Frontier, Departure ), Allegra Fulton ( Chapelwaite ), Leigh-Ann Rose ( The Young and the Restless ) and JD Martin ( Manifest ).
Guest stars rounding out the cast in Season 3 are Jonathan Silverman ( Weekend at Bernie’s ) and Kirsten Howell ( Trailer Park Boys ). “It’s an honour to work with the incredibly talented cast and crew of Moonshine, and we’re thrilled to return to Nova Scotia to embark on a new season of exploits with the Finley-Cullens,” said Jocelyn Hamilton (President, Television – Canada, eOne).
With its unique mix of heart, hilarity and intrigue that fans have come to know and love, this is a season that Canadian audiences won’t want to miss.” A CBC original series, Moonshine is produced by Six Eleven Media and eOne. Created and Executive Produced by showrunner, writer and director Sheri Elwood, the show is executive produced alongside Six Eleven Media’s Charles Bishop.
Jocelyn Hamilton serves as executive producer for eOne. For CBC, Sally Catto is General Manager, Entertainment, Factual & Sports; Trish Williams is Executive Director, Scripted Content; Sarah Adams is Director of Current Production, Drama; and Gosia Kamela is Executive in Charge of Production, Drama.
- About CBC/Radio-Canada
- About Six Eleven Media
- About Entertainment One (eOne)
- For more information, please contact:
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada’s national public broadcaster. Through our mandate to inform, enlighten and entertain, we play a central role in strengthening Canadian culture. As Canada’s trusted news source, we offer a uniquely Canadian perspective on news, current affairs and world affairs.
- Our distinctively homegrown entertainment programming draws audiences from across the country.
- Deeply rooted in communities, CBC/Radio-Canada offers diverse content in English, French and eight Indigenous languages.
- We also deliver content in Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Punjabi and Tagalog, as well as both official languages, through Radio Canada International (RCI).
We are leading the transformation to meet the needs of Canadians in a digital world. Six Eleven Media was founded in 2011 by Canadian media industry veteran and Executive Producer Charles Bishop. The talent-focused company creates and produces content to air across multiple platforms.
- With offices in Halifax and Los Angeles, Six Eleven Media has grown into a supplier of hit content in Canada and the US.
- Entertainment One Ltd.
- EOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content.
As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne’s expertise spans across film and television production and sales; production, distribution and brand management of kids and family properties; digital content; and immersive and live entertainment.
Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity. eOne brings to market both original and existing content, sourcing IP from Hasbro’s portfolio of 1500+ brands, and through a diversified network of creative partners and eOne companies.
Elizabeth Reid CBC, Public Relations [email protected] 647.981.7059 Mario Tassone Unit Publicist [email protected] 416.889.6993 : CBC ORIGINAL DRAMEDY MOONSHINE RENEWED FOR SEASON THREE, WITH PRODUCTION UNDERWAY IN NOVA SCOTIA – CBC Media Centre
How did Josh from Moonshiners lose his finger?
‘Moonshiner’ Josh Owens Is Seemingly Prone to Injury > > > How did Josh from ‘Moonshiners’ lose his finger? Everything you need to know about his injury. By Mar.1 2021, Updated 10:38 a.m. ET Source: Instagram The cast of knows the illegal businesses they operate in the woods of Appalachia are dangerous, but that doesn’t stop them from producing quality rye whiskey. Article continues below advertisement is known for going to extreme lengths to make the perfect batch of shine, but that finger injury he sustained in 2016 had nothing to do with moonshining. More recently, Josh, 40, was seriously injured again following a motorcycle accident. The Discovery Channel star slammed into a wall at 100 mph at a Florida race track last March. Article continues below advertisement “Josh was in a wreck, but is OK,” an update read on Facebook. Article continues below advertisement We know his will be right by his side as he heals. Following his crash, Josh revealed he was denied treatment. “I was denied care because of health insurance,” he told the Charlotte Observer at the time. “Ain’t no two ways about it.” He went on to detail the pain he was experiencing, adding, “I’ve had the most excruciating pain you could shake a stick at.
I can’t lean my head back without passing out.” Shortly after, Josh reassured fans he would keep starring on Moonshiners and would be back to racing. “Josh would like to thank everyone for all the help he has received from his fans, the good people in the biker community,” the Facebook post read. “As soon as he can put his leg over a bike he is back at it.
He is back shining as well, recovering at the beach.” On the recent season of Moonshiners, Josh mixed business with pleasure after he came up with a way to build a at a biker rally to make and sell his shine. However, we don’t think Josh is worried about getting caught.
- I’m not in jail because it’s not evidence, for one, that I’m on TV making moonshine,” he explained to,
- And for two, I could be doing anything, it could be just water.
- Got a lot bigger fish to fry than somebody just making a little bit of something to sip on when alcohol’s in every store and every bar in the countryside.” Watch Moonshiners Wednesdays at 9 p.m.
on the Discovery Channel. Latest Moonshiners News and Updates : ‘Moonshiner’ Josh Owens Is Seemingly Prone to Injury
Who is the moonshiner that went legal?
Tim Smith Moonshine> TIM SMITH MOONSHINE A third generation moonshiner, Tim defied the odds by launching his very own brand of real deal legal Climax Moonshine. + + Stay tuned for upcoming appearances + + Tim’s Climax Moonshine is available in stores across the country! + + : Tim Smith Moonshine>
What is the moonshine competition on Discovery?
Mark, Digger and Tim go head-to-head in a moonshine distilling competition. America’s top legal and outlaw distillers go head-to-head in the ultimate booze-making competition to see who has what it takes to join the ranks of the greats and win the title of Master Distiller.
Can I watch Moonshiners on YouTube TV?
Watch Moonshiners: American Spirit online | YouTube TV (Free Trial)